Words containing a, e, r, i, l
5 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- ariel — an Arabian gazelle, Gazella arabica (or dama)
6 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- aerial — You talk about aerial attacks and aerial photographs to indicate that people or things on the ground are attacked or photographed by people in aeroplanes.
- aerily — in an aery manner
- allier — a department of central France, in Auvergne region. Capital: Moulins. Pop: 342 307 (2003 est). Area: 7382 sq km (2879 sq miles)
- averil — a male given name.
- bailer — to dip (water) out of a boat, as with a bucket.
7 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- aileron — An aileron is a section on the back edge of the wing of an aircraft that can be raised or lowered in order to control the aircraft's movement.
- airless — If a place is airless, there is no fresh air in it.
- airline — An airline is a company which provides regular services carrying people or goods in aeroplanes.
- alberti — Leon Battista (leˈɔn batˈtista). 1404–72, Italian Renaissance architect, painter, writer, and musician; among his architectural designs are the façades of Sta. Maria Novella at Florence and S. Francesco at Rimini
8 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- abristle — Bristling.
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- adlerian — of or relating to Alfred Adler or his ideas
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- aerolite — a stony meteorite consisting of silicate minerals
9 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- admirable — An admirable quality or action is one that deserves to be praised and admired.
- adrenalin — Adrenalin is a substance which your body produces when you are angry, scared, or excited. It makes your heart beat faster and gives you more energy.
- adverbial — Adverbial means relating to adverbs or like an adverb.
- aerialist — a trapeze artist or tightrope walker
10 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- acquirable — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
11 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- accessorial — of or like an accessory; supplementary
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
- acerbically — in an acerbic manner
12 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
13 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acrylonitrile — a colourless liquid that is miscible with water and has toxic fumes: used in the manufacture of acrylic fibres and resins, rubber, and thermoplastics. Formula: CH2:CHCN
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
14 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
15 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
16 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- ancienne-lorette — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
17 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
18 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
20 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
21 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
28 letter words containing a, e, r, i, l
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, E, R, I, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 21245 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, E, R, I, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.