Words containing a, e, r, i
4 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- aire — a river in N England rising in the Pennines and flowing southeast to the Ouse. Length: 112 km (70 miles)
5 letter words containing a, e, r, i
6 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- admire — If you admire someone or something, you like and respect them very much.
- aerial — You talk about aerial attacks and aerial photographs to indicate that people or things on the ground are attacked or photographed by people in aeroplanes.
- aerier — ethereal; aerial.
- aeries — the nest of a bird of prey, as an eagle or a hawk.
7 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- acarine — any of numerous arachnids of the order Acarina, comprising the mites and ticks.
- acerbic — sour in taste
- acquire — If you acquire something, you buy or obtain it for yourself, or someone gives it to you.
- admirer — If you are an admirer of someone, you like and respect them or their work very much.
8 letter words containing a, e, r, i
9 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- accretion — An accretion is an addition to something, usually one that has been added over a period of time.
10 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
11 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
12 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
13 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
14 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
16 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
18 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
19 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
20 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
21 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, e, r, i
25 letter words containing a, e, r, i
28 letter words containing a, e, r, i
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, E, R, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 43362 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, E, R, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.