Words containing a, e, g, y
4 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- gaye — Marvin. 1939–84, US soul singer and songwriter; recordings include "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (1969), What's Going On (1971), and "Sexual Healing" (1982): shot dead by his father
5 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- agley — awry; askew
- cagey — If you say that someone is being cagey about something, you mean that you think they are deliberately not giving you much information or expressing an opinion about it.
- gamey — having the tangy flavor or odor of game: I like the gamy taste of venison.
- gayer — of, relating to, or exhibiting sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex; homosexual: a gay couple. Antonyms: straight.
- gayle — a female or male given name.
6 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- adygei — a member of a Circassian people of the Northwest Caucasus
- agency — An agency is a business which provides a service on behalf of other businesses.
- anergy — lack of energy
- argyle — made of knitted or woven material with a diamond-shaped pattern of two or more colours
- bagley — William Chandler, 1874–1946, U.S. educator and writer.
7 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- agentry — the duty or activity of an agent
- agilely — quick and well-coordinated in movement; lithe: an agile leap.
- allergy — If you have a particular allergy, you become ill or get a rash when you eat, smell, or touch something that does not normally make people ill.
- angerly — angrily
- beggary — extreme poverty or need
8 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- aegyptus — a king of Egypt and twin brother of Danaüs
- aerology — the study of the atmosphere, particularly its upper layers
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- allegory — An allegory is a story, poem, or painting in which the characters and events are symbols of something else. Allegories are often moral, religious, or political.
- amygdale — a vesicle in a volcanic rock, formed from a bubble of escaping gas, that has become filled with light-coloured minerals, such as quartz and calcite
9 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- adenology — the branch of medicine dealing with the development, structure, function, and diseases of glands.
- aetiology — the philosophy or study of causation
- agreeably — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- algometry — a device for determining sensitiveness to pain caused by pressure.
- allegedly — reportedly; supposedly
10 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- acromegaly — a chronic disease characterized by enlargement of the bones of the head, hands, and feet, and swelling and enlargement of soft tissue, esp the tongue. It is caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
- agitatedly — excited; disturbed.
- amygdalate — relating to, having, or bearing almonds
- amygdaline — of or relating to a tonsil
11 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- aerobiology — the study of airborne organisms, spores, etc
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- aggregatory — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
- alethiology — the branch of logic dealing with truth and error.
12 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- aggressively — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- aggressivity — the state or quality of being aggressive
- agranulocyte — a white blood cell without granules in its cytoplasm
- agroforestry — a method of farming integrating herbaceous and tree crops
- allergically — In an allergic manner; because of allergies.
13 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- algebraically — of, occurring in, or utilizing algebra.
- allegorically — consisting of or pertaining to allegory; of the nature of or containing allgegory; figurative: an allegorical poem; an allegorical meaning.
- allergenicity — causing allergic sensitization.
14 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- aetiologically — etiology.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
15 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anti-technology — the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- argumentatively — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
16 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- astroarchaeology — archaeoastronomy.
- astrometeorology — the study of the theoretical effects of astronomical bodies and forces on the earth's atmosphere.
- bathythermograph — a device for measuring the temperature of the ocean at any specific depth down to c. 1,800 m (c. 5,900 ft)
17 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- dihydroergotamine — an ergot alkaloid, C 33 H 37 N 5 O 5 , used in the treatment of various types of migraine headache.
- gastroenterostomy — the making of a new passage between the stomach and the duodenum (gastroduodenostomy) or, especially, the jejunum (gastrojejunostomy)
- gastrojejunostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
18 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- hepatosplenomegaly — Enlargement of both the liver and spleen.
19 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- college-preparatory — preparing a student for academic work at the college level.
- echoencephalography — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
20 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- pseudo-psychological — of or relating to psychology.
- sunday-go-to-meeting — most presentable; best: Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes.
21 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
- pneumoencephalography — encephalography.
- ring-around-the-rosey — a children's game in which the players sing while going around in a circle and squat when the lyrics “all fall down” are sung.
23 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words containing a, e, g, y
27 letter words containing a, e, g, y
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with A, E, G, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4246 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, E, G, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.