Words containing a, d, x, i, l
7 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
8 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- aldoxime — an oxime formed by reaction between hydroxylamine and an aldehyde
- alkoxide — a compound formed by the removal of a proton from an alcohol
- climaxed — Simple past tense and past participle of climax.
- dyslexia — any of various reading disorders associated with impairment of the ability to interpret spatial relationships or to integrate auditory and visual information.
- exordial — Of or relating to an exordium, beginning or introduction.
9 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- alkoxides — Plural form of alkoxide.
- chillaxed — Simple past tense and past participle of chillax.
- delacroix — (Ferdinand Victor) Eugène (øʒɛn). 1798–1863, French romantic painter whose use of colour and free composition influenced impressionism. His paintings of historical and contemporary scenes include The Massacre at Chios (1824)
- disclimax — a stable community that has replaced the normal climax in a given area, owing to disturbance by humans or domestic animals.
- dixieland — (sometimes lowercase) a style of jazz, originating in New Orleans, played by a small group of instruments, as trumpet, trombone, clarinet, piano, and drums, and marked by strongly accented four-four rhythm and vigorous, quasi-improvisational solos and ensembles.
10 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- aleixandre — Vicente (viˈθɛnte). 1898–1984, Spanish poet, whose collections include La destrucción o el amor (1935; Destruction or Love): Nobel prize for literature 1977
- alexandria — the chief port of Egypt, on the Nile Delta: cultural centre of ancient times, founded by Alexander the Great (332 bc). Pop: 3 760 000 (2005 est)
- cefadroxil — A broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic.
- demisexual — (of humans) Sexually attracted to people only after a strong emotional bond has been formed.
- dextrality — the state or quality of having the right side or its parts or members different from and, usually, more efficient than the left side or its parts or members; right-handedness.
11 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- alexandrian — of or relating to Alexander the Great
- alexandrina — a female given name, form of Alexandra.
- alexandrine — a line of verse having six iambic feet, usually with a caesura after the third foot
- alexandrite — a green variety of chrysoberyl used as a gemstone
- desexualise — Alternative spelling of desexualize.
12 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- alexandrines — Plural form of alexandrine.
- alexandrinus — the Greek uncial codex, dating from the early 5th century a.d., originally containing the complete text of the Greek Old and New Testaments.
- desexualized — Simple past tense and past participle of desexualize.
- desexualizes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of desexualize.
- dicarboxylic — containing two carboxyl groups in the molecule
13 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- calcium-oxide — Also called burnt lime, calcium oxide, caustic lime, calx, quicklime. a white or grayish-white, odorless, lumpy, very slightly water-soluble solid, CaO, that when combined with water forms calcium hydroxide (slaked lime) obtained from calcium carbonate, limestone, or oyster shells: used chiefly in mortars, plasters, and cements, in bleaching powder, and in the manufacture of steel, paper, glass, and various chemicals of calcium.
- dicloxacillin — A narrow-spectrum beta-lactam antibiotic of the penicillin class, used to treat infections caused by susceptible gram-positive bacteria.
- diphenoxylate — a substance, C 30 H 32 N 2 O 2 , used in the form of its hydrochloride in the treatment of diarrhea.
- excludability — The ability to be excluded.
- expandability — (uncountable) The condition of being expandable.
14 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- ambidextrously — In an ambidextrous manner.
- contextualised — to put (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) in a context, especially one that is characteristic or appropriate, as for purposes of study.
- contextualized — Simple past tense and past participle of contextualize.
- extrapyramidal — Relating to or denoting nerves concerned with motor activity that descend from the cortex to the spine and are not part of the pyramidal system.
- hypomixolydian — (in medieval church music) of or relating to the last of the eight scales
15 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- decarboxylation — the removal or loss of a carboxyl group from an organic compound
- decontextualise — Alternative spelling of decontextualize.
- decontextualize — to consider (something) in isolation from its usual context
- desexualization — The act or process of desexualizing.
16 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- decontextualized — removed from the usual context
- deoxyhaemoglobin — (biochemistry) The form of haemoglobin that has released its oxygen.
- extradimensional — (jargon, science fiction) Originating outside the known physical reality of the universe.
- hexahydroaniline — cyclohexylamine.
17 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- all-expenses-paid — (of a holiday, trip, etc) free, with everything paid for
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- dark-complexioned — (of a person) having a dark complexion
- decontextualizing — to remove (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) from a context: decontextualized works of art displayed in museums.
- deoxyribonuclease — DNase.
18 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- non-contextualized — to put (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) in a context, especially one that is characteristic or appropriate, as for purposes of study.
19 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
22 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
29 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- methylenedioxymethamphetamine — The psychoactive drug MDMA or Ecstasy, an amphetamine that produces entactogenic, psychedelic, and stimulant effects.
34 letter words containing a, d, x, i, l
- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, X, I, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 426 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, X, I, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.