Words containing a, d, v, o
5 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- avoid — If you avoid something unpleasant that might happen, you take action in order to prevent it from happening.
- davao — a port in the S Philippines, in SE Mindanao. Pop: 1 326 000 (2005 est)
- davos — a mountain resort in Switzerland: winter sports, site of the Parsenn ski run. Pop: 11 417 (2000). Height: about 1560 m (5118 ft)
- dovap — Electronics. a system for plotting the trajectory of a missile or other rapidly moving long-range object by means of the Doppler effect exhibited by radio waves bounced off the object.
- vadso — a seaport in NE Norway.
6 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- adamov — Arthur. 1908–70, French dramatist, born in Russia: one of the foremost exponents of the Theatre of the Absurd. His plays include Le Professeur Taranne (1953), Le Ping-Pong (1955), and Le Printemps '71 (1960)
- adviso — (obsolete) information; advice; intelligence.
- advoke — To summon or call (to a higher tribunal).
- avedon — Richard, 1923–2004, U.S. photographer.
- avoids — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of avoid.
7 letter words containing a, d, v, o
8 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- absolved — Simple past tense and past participle of absolve.
- adoptive — Someone's adoptive family is the family that adopted them.
- advisors — Plural form of advisor.
- advisory — An advisory group regularly gives suggestions and help to people or organizations, especially about a particular subject or area of activity.
- advocaat — a liqueur having a raw egg base
9 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- -favoured — having an appearance (as specified)
- -flavored — -flavored is used after nouns such as strawberry and chocolate to indicate that a food or drink is flavored with strawberry or chocolate.
- abovesaid — Mentioned or recited before.
- advection — the transference of heat energy in a horizontal stream of gas, esp of air
- adversion — (obsolete) An adverting or turning towards; attention.
10 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- -flavoured — -flavoured is used after nouns such as strawberry and chocolate to indicate that a food or drink is flavoured with strawberry or chocolate.
- aardwolves — Plural form of aardwolf.
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- adenoviral — relating to an adenovirus
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
11 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- above-named — used in a text to refer back to a person or thing that has already been named
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- adventurous — Someone who is adventurous is willing to take risks and to try new methods. Something that is adventurous involves new things or ideas.
- advertorial — An advertorial is an advertisement that uses the style of newspaper or magazine articles or television documentary programmes, so that it appears to be giving facts and not trying to sell a product.
12 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- adenoviruses — Plural form of adenovirus.
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- adventitious — added or appearing accidentally or unexpectedly
- advertorials — Plural form of advertorial.
- arfvedsonite — a type of hornblende with the composition Na3(Fe,Mg)4FeSi8O22(OH)2
13 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
14 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- abdominopelvic — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the abdomen and (the cavity of) the pelvis.
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- animadversions — Plural form of animadversion.
15 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- above-mentioned — used in a text to refer back to a person or thing that has already been mentioned
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- adventuresomely — In an adventuresome manner.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
16 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- advantageousness — The state or quality of being advantageous.
- adventitiousness — The degree to which a thing is adventitious.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- contraindicative — Serving as a contraindication.
- conventionalised — to make conventional.
17 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- accommodativeness — The state or quality of being accommodative.
- adventuresomeness — The state or quality of being adventuresome.
- consumer-advocate — Also called consumer advocate. a person who is dedicated to protecting and promoting the welfare and rights of consumers.
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
- demonstrativeness — The state or quality of being demonstrative.
18 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- neurodevelopmental — Of or pertaining to the development of neurological pathways in the brain.
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
- non-discriminative — constituting a particular quality, trait, or difference; characteristic; notable.
- overidentification — an act or instance of identifying; the state of being identified.
19 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- contradistinctively — In contradistinction.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- disadvantageousness — The state or quality of being disadvantageous.
21 letter words containing a, d, v, o
22 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
23 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
27 letter words containing a, d, v, o
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, V, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2646 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, V, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.