Words containing a, d, v, i
4 letter words containing a, d, v, i
5 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- avoid — If you avoid something unpleasant that might happen, you take action in order to prevent it from happening.
- david — the second king of the Hebrews (about 1000–962 bc), who united Israel as a kingdom with Jerusalem as its capital
- davie — a town in SE Florida.
- davil — Eye dialect devil.
- davis — Sir Andrew (Frank). born 1944, British conductor; chief conductor of the BBC Symphony Orchestra (1989–2000) and of the Chicago Lyric Opera from 2000
6 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- advice — If you give someone advice, you tell them what you think they should do in a particular situation.
- advise — If you advise someone to do something, you tell them what you think they should do.
- adviso — (obsolete) information; advice; intelligence.
- avidin — a protein, found in egg-white, that combines with biotin to form a stable compound that cannot be absorbed, leading to a biotin deficiency in the consumer
- avidly — showing great enthusiasm for or interest in: an avid moviegoer. Synonyms: enthusiastic, ardent, keen; devoted, dedicated; zealous, fanatic. Antonyms: indifferent, apathetic; reluctant.
7 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- adivasi — a member of any of the aboriginal peoples of India
- advaita — one of the two principal Vedantic schools, asserting the existence of Brahman alone, whose appearance as the world is an illusion resulting from ignorance. Compare dvaita (def 2).
- advices — an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I shall act on your advice.
- advised — resulting from deliberation
- advisee — a person who receives advice from another person
8 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- achieved — Reach or attain (a desired objective, level, or result) by effort, skill, or courage.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
- additive — An additive is a substance which is added in small amounts to foods or other things in order to improve them or to make them last longer.
- adessive — a grammatical case in Finno-Ugric languages indicating place
- adhesive — An adhesive is a substance such as glue, which is used to make things stick firmly together.
9 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- abductive — (anatomy) Related or pertaining to abductor muscles and their movement. (Mid 19th century.).
- abovesaid — Mentioned or recited before.
- activated — to make active; cause to function or act.
- addictive — If a drug is addictive, people who take it cannot stop taking it.
- additives — Plural form of additive.
10 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- adaptative — of or relating to adaptation
- adaptively — in an adaptive manner
- adaptivity — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
11 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- addictively — In an addictive manner.
- adjectively — Grammar. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying, as wise in a wise grandmother, or perfect in a perfect score, or handsome in He is extremely handsome. Other terms, as numbers (one cup; twelve months), certain demonstrative pronouns (this magazine; those questions), and terms that impose limits (each person; no mercy) can also function adjectivally, as can some nouns that are found chiefly in fixed phrases where they immediately precede the noun they modify, as bottle in bottle cap and bus in bus station. Synonyms: modifier, qualifier, identifier, describer, describing word.
- adjectivize — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
12 letter words containing a, d, v, i
13 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- administrivia — Administrative details that must be dealt with in order to do more interesting work.
- adumbratively — In an adumbrative manner.
- adventuristic — relating to adventurism
14 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- abdominopelvic — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the abdomen and (the cavity of) the pelvis.
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- adaptativeness — Adaptability.
- adjunctiveness — The state or quality of being adjunctive.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
15 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- cheval-de-frise — a portable barrier of spikes, sword blades, etc, used to obstruct the passage of cavalry
- circumnavigated — Simple past tense and past participle of circumnavigate.
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
16 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- adventitiousness — The degree to which a thing is adventitious.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- contraindicative — Serving as a contraindication.
17 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- accommodativeness — The state or quality of being accommodative.
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
- demonstrativeness — The state or quality of being demonstrative.
- denial-of-service — pertaining to or being an incident in which a computer or computer network is disabled, disrupting access or service: a website hit by a denial-of-service attack; unintentional denial-of-service problems.
- developmentalists — an expert in or advocate of developmental psychology.
18 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- hemidemisemiquaver — a sixty-fourth note.
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
- non-discriminative — constituting a particular quality, trait, or difference; characteristic; notable.
- overidentification — an act or instance of identifying; the state of being identified.
19 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- contradistinctively — In contradistinction.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- individualistically — a person who shows great independence or individuality in thought or action.
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
21 letter words containing a, d, v, i
22 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
24 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
27 letter words containing a, d, v, i
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, V, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3534 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, V, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.