Words containing a, d, u, l
4 letter words containing a, d, u, l
5 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- adult — An adult is a mature, fully developed person. An adult has reached the age when they are legally responsible for their actions.
- aloud — When you say something, read, or laugh aloud, you speak or laugh so that other people can hear you.
- doula — a woman who assists women during labor and after childbirth.
- duala — Douala.
- duals — of, relating to, or noting two.
6 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- adoula — Cyrille [see-ril] /siˈrɪl/ (Show IPA), 1922–78, African statesman: premier of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1961–64.
- allude — If you allude to something, you mention it in an indirect way.
- aludel — a pear-shaped vessel, open at both ends, formerly used with similar vessels for collecting condensates, esp of subliming mercury
- audial — of or relating to sound and the sense of hearing
- audile — a person who possesses a faculty for auditory imagery that is more distinct than his visual or other imagery
7 letter words containing a, d, u, l
8 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- adularia — a white or colourless glassy variety of orthoclase in the form of prismatic crystals. It occurs in metamorphic rocks and is a minor gemstone. Formula: KAlSi3O8
- adulator — to show excessive admiration or devotion to; flatter or admire servilely.
9 letter words containing a, d, u, l
10 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- abundantly — If something is abundantly clear, it is extremely obvious.
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
- adequately — as much or as good as necessary for some requirement or purpose; fully sufficient, suitable, or fit (often followed by to or for): This car is adequate to our needs. adequate food for fifty people.
- adjustable — If something is adjustable, it can be changed to different positions or sizes.
11 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- acidulation — to make somewhat acid.
- adulterated — made inferior, impure, etc. by adulterating
- adultescent — an adult who is still actively interested in youth culture
12 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adjunctively — in an adjunctive manner
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
13 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- adjustability — ability to adjust
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
15 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
16 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
- cloak-and-suiter — a manufacturer or seller of clothing.
- deuterocanonical — of or constituting a second or subsequent canon; specif., designating certain Biblical books accepted as canonical in the Roman Catholic Church, but held by Protestants to be apocryphal
17 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- deinstitutionalize — to discharge (a patient) as from a mental institution
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
19 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
21 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
23 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
27 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
32 letter words containing a, d, u, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, U, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7152 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, U, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.