Words containing a, d, s
3 letter words containing a, d, s
4 letter words containing a, d, s
- adsl — ADSL is a method of transmitting digital information at high speed over telephone lines. ADSL is an abbreviation for 'asynchronous digital subscriber line'.
- aids — AIDS is a disease which destroys the natural system of protection that the body has against other diseases. AIDS is an abbreviation for 'acquired immune deficiency syndrome'.
- ards — a district of Northern Ireland, in Co Down. Pop: 74 369 (2003 est). Area: 368 sq km (142 sq miles)
- asde — Airport Surface Detection Equipment: a radar system that is used by aircraft controllers to assist in the safe manoeuvring of aircraft on the ground
5 letter words containing a, d, s
- adams — a mountain in SW Washington, in the Cascade Range. Height: 3751 m (12 307 ft)
- adios — goodbye; farewell
- adsum — I am present
- adust — dried up or darkened by heat; burnt or scorched
- aedes — any mosquito of the genus Aedes (formerly Stegomyia) of tropical and subtropical regions, esp A. aegypti, which transmits yellow fever and dengue
6 letter words containing a, d, s
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abdabs — a case of extreme anxiety
- abdias — Obadiah
- absurd — If you say that something is absurd, you are criticizing it because you think that it is ridiculous or that it does not make sense.
7 letter words containing a, d, s
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abscind — to cut off
- abscond — If someone absconds from somewhere such as a prison, they escape from it or leave it without permission.
- accused — You can use the accused to refer to a person or a group of people charged with a crime or on trial for it.
8 letter words containing a, d, s
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- absented — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
9 letter words containing a, d, s
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
10 letter words containing a, d, s
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
11 letter words containing a, d, s
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
12 letter words containing a, d, s
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
13 letter words containing a, d, s
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing a, d, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing a, d, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
16 letter words containing a, d, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing a, d, s
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
18 letter words containing a, d, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing a, d, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing a, d, s
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
21 letter words containing a, d, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, d, s
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing a, d, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
25 letter words containing a, d, s
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, d, s
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24731 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.