Words containing a, d, r, i
4 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- arid — Arid land is so dry that very few plants can grow on it.
5 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- acrid — An acrid smell or taste is strong and sharp, and usually unpleasant.
- aider — to provide support for or relief to; help: to aid the homeless victims of the fire.
- aired — a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, and minute amounts of other gases that surrounds the earth and forms its atmosphere.
- aroid — of, relating to, or belonging to the Araceae, a family of plants having small flowers massed on a spadix surrounded by a large petaloid spathe. The family includes arum, calla, and anthurium
- baird — John Logie (ˈləʊɡɪ). 1888–1946, Scottish engineer: inventor of a 240-line mechanically scanned system of television, replaced in 1935 by a 405-line electrically scanned system
6 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- admire — If you admire someone or something, you like and respect them very much.
- adrian — Edgar Douglas, Baron Adrian. 1889–1977, English physiologist, noted particularly for his research into the function of neurons: shared with Sherrington the Nobel prize for physiology and medicine 1932
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
7 letter words containing a, d, r, i
8 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- accredit — If an educational qualification or institution is accredited, it is officially declared to be of an approved standard.
- aciduria — the condition of having acid in the urine, particularly at abnormally high levels
- aciduric — (of bacteria) capable of growth in an acid environment.
9 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
10 letter words containing a, d, r, i
11 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
12 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- accreditable — having the ability to be accredited
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
13 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
14 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
15 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
20 letter words containing a, d, r, i
21 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
25 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, d, r, i
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, R, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 19445 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, R, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.