Words containing a, d, r, e, s
5 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
6 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- adores — to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
- cadres — Military. the key group of officers and enlisted personnel necessary to establish and train a new military unit.
- dasher — someone or something that dashes
- dermas — beef or fowl intestine used as a casing in preparing certain savory dishes, especially kishke.
- drapes — to cover or hang with cloth or other fabric, especially in graceful folds; adorn with drapery.
7 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- address — Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
- admires — to regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval.
- adverbs — any member of a class of words that function as modifiers of verbs or clauses, and in some languages, as Latin and English, as modifiers of adjectives, other adverbs, or adverbial phrases, as very in very nice, much in much more impressive, and tomorrow in She'll write to you tomorrow. They relate to what they modify by indicating place (I promise to be there), time (Do your homework now!), manner (She sings beautifully), circumstance (He accidentally dropped the glass when the bell rang), degree (I'm very happy to see you), or cause (I draw, although badly). See also sentence adverb.
- adverse — Adverse decisions, conditions, or effects are unfavourable to you.
- adviser — An adviser is an expert whose job is to give advice to another person or to a group of people.
8 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
- accursed — Some people use accursed to describe something which they are very annoyed about.
- adjuster — An adjuster is a device which allows you to alter a piece of equipment's position or setting.
- admirers — to regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval.
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
9 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- addressed — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addressee — The addressee of a letter or parcel is the person or company that it is addressed to.
- addresser — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addresses — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
10 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- addressees — the person, company, or the like to whom a piece of mail is addressed.
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
11 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- adventuress — a woman who seeks adventure, esp one who seeks success or money through daring exploits
- adventurism — Adventurism is a willingness to take risks, especially in order to obtain an unfair advantage in politics or business.
- adventurist — If you describe someone or something as adventurist, you disapprove of them because they are willing to take risks in order to gain an unfair advantage in business or politics.
12 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- adder's-meat — the greater stitchwort
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- administrate — to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc)
13 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- admeasurement — the act of admeasuring
14 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
15 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
16 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
17 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
18 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
19 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- country-and-western — country music.
- deindustrialization — the decline in importance of manufacturing industry in the economy of a nation or area
20 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
21 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
25 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, d, r, e, s
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, R, E, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11732 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, R, E, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.