Words containing a, d, r, e, n
5 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- andre — John. 1751–80, British major who was hanged as a spy for conspiring with Benedict Arnold during the War of American Independence
- arden — John. (1930–2012) British dramatist and novelist. His plays include Serjeant Musgrave's Dance (1959) and The Workhouse Donkey (1963); novels include Silence Among the Weapons (1982): he often worked in collaboration with his wife Margaretta D'Arcy
- denar — the standard monetary unit of Macedonia, divided into 100 deni
6 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- andrea — a feminine name
- andrew — Saint. one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; the brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland. Feast day: Nov 30
- ardent — Ardent is used to describe someone who has extremely strong feelings about something or someone.
- arendt — Hannah. 1906–75, US political philosopher, born in Germany. Her publications include The Origins of Totalitarianism (1951) and Eichmann in Jerusalem (1961)
- bander — someone who joins a band or league
7 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- adorned — to decorate or add beauty to, as by ornaments: garlands of flowers adorning their hair.
- adrenal — on or near the kidneys
- adreno- — adrenal glands
- agender — noting or relating to a person who does not have a specific gender identity or recognizable gender expression.
- amender — to alter, modify, rephrase, or add to or subtract from (a motion, bill, constitution, etc.) by formal procedure: Congress may amend the proposed tax bill.
8 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- acridine — a colourless crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes. Formula: C13H9N
- adenauer — Konrad (ˈkɔnraːt). 1876–1967, German statesman; chancellor of West Germany (1949–63)
- adherend — a material attached using adhesive
- adherent — An adherent is someone who holds a particular belief or supports a particular person or group.
9 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- acronymed — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- adherence — Adherence is the fact of adhering to a particular rule, agreement, or belief.
- adjourned — to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
10 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- accordance — conformity; agreement; accord (esp in the phrase in accordance with)
11 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
12 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- addlebrained — having an addle brain; muddled; stupid
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- administrate — to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc)
13 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- admeasurement — the act of admeasuring
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
14 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
15 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
16 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
17 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
20 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
22 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
25 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
32 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, R, E, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14983 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, R, E, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.