Words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
7 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- adaptec — (company) A company specialising in the aera of movement of data between computers. Adaptec designs hardware and software products to transfer data from a computer to a peripheral device or network. Founded in 1981, the company achieved profitability in 1984, went public in 1986, and to date has achieved 54 consecutive profitable quarters. Revenues for fiscal 1997 were $934 million, a 42% increase over the prior year. Net income, excluding acquisition charges, for fiscal year 1997 was $198 million or $1.72 per share.
- coapted — to bring close together: The surgeons coapted the edges of the wound.
- dectape — (hardware, storage) A reel of magnetic tape about 4 inches in diameter and one inch wide. Unlike today's macrotapes, microtape drivers allowed random access to the data, and therefore could be used to support file systems and even for swapping (this was generally done purely for hack value, as they were far too slow for practical use). DECtape was a variant on LINCtape. In their heyday DECtapes were used in pretty much the same ways one would now use a floppy disk: as a small, portable way to save and transport files and programs.
- pandect — pandects, a complete body or code of laws.
- patched — repaired with patches; covered with patches
8 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- accepted — Accepted ideas are agreed by most people to be correct or reasonable.
- aspected — (astrology, obsolete) Subject to a particular planetary aspect.
- captived — Simple past tense and past participle of captive.
- captured — Simple past tense and past participle of capture.
- carpeted — Simple past tense and past participle of carpet.
9 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- adipocyte — a fat cell that accumulates and stores fats
- bepatched — mended with or covered in patches
- cadetship — a student in a national service academy or private military school or on a training ship.
- capitated — having a fixed upper limit
- captained — Simple past tense and past participle of captain.
10 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
11 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
- adiponectin — (biochemistry) A protein hormone that modulates glucose regulation and fatty acid catabolism.
- anticipated — If an event, especially a cultural event, is eagerly anticipated, people expect that it will be very good, exciting, or interesting.
- apicodental — articulated with the apex of the tongue near the upper front teeth, as ( (θ) ; t h) ) and (; ð) ; th) )
12 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
13 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
14 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- appendectomies — Plural form of appendectomy.
- appendicectomy — surgical removal of any appendage, esp the vermiform appendix
- atomic-powered — powered by atomic energy
15 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adrenoreceptors — Plural form of adrenoreceptor.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
- christadelphian — a member of a Christian millenarian sect founded in the US about 1848, holding that only the just will enter eternal life, that the wicked will be annihilated, and that the ignorant, the unconverted, and infants will not be raised from the dead
16 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- closed-captioned — (of a video recording) having subtitles which appear on screen only if the cassette is played through a special decoder
- decapitalization — to deprive of capital; discourage capital formation; withdraw capital from: The government decapitalized industry with harsh tax policies.
- dephlogisticated — Simple past tense and past participle of dephlogisticate.
17 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- catapult-launched — (of aircraft) launched into the air by a device installed in warships
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
18 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- computer-generated — produced by a computer program
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- electrocardiograph — A machine used for electrocardiography.
19 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
20 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- decompartmentalizing — Present participle of decompartmentalize.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
22 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
23 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
24 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
25 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
28 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- apple-touch-icon-precomposed — (programming) An alternative form of apple-touch-icon that is not subject to automatic modification (rounding, drop-shadow, reflective shine) as applied by iOS versions prior to iOS 7. A web page specifies a pre-composed icon by including an element in the like:
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
30 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
32 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
35 letter words containing a, d, p, t, e, c
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, P, T, E, C. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2431 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, P, T, E, C that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.