Words containing a, d, p
3 letter words containing a, d, p
4 letter words containing a, d, p
- aped — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- damp — Something that is damp is slightly wet.
- dopa — an amino acid, C 9 H 11 NO 4 , formed from tyrosine in the liver during melanin and epinephrine biosynthesis: the L-dopa isomer is converted in the brain to dopamine.
5 letter words containing a, d, p
- adapt — If you adapt to a new situation or adapt yourself to it, you change your ideas or behaviour in order to deal with it successfully.
- adept — Someone who is adept at something can do it skilfully.
- adopt — If you adopt a new attitude, plan, or way of behaving, you begin to have it.
- amped — amplifier (def 2).
- aphid — Aphids are very small insects which live on plants and suck their juices.
6 letter words containing a, d, p
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
- aliped — (of bats and similar animals) having the digits connected by a winglike membrane
- apodal — (of snakes, eels, etc) without feet; having no obvious hind limbs or pelvic fins
- append — When you append something to something else, especially a piece of writing, you attach it or add it to the end of it.
- armpad — a small cushion forming part of the arm of a chair, sofa, or the like.
7 letter words containing a, d, p
- adapted — If something is adapted to a particular situation or purpose, it is especially suitable for it.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adeptly — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
8 letter words containing a, d, p
- accepted — Accepted ideas are agreed by most people to be correct or reasonable.
- adapting — to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
- adaption — Adaption means the same as adaptation.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
- adiposis — obesity or excessive fatness
9 letter words containing a, d, p
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adaptions — the act of adapting.
10 letter words containing a, d, p
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- actinopods — any protozoan of the subclass Actinopoda, including the heliozoans and radiolarians, having stiff, rodlike, radiating pseudopodia.
- adaptation — An adaptation of a book or play is a film or a television programme that is based on it.
- adaptively — in an adaptive manner
- adaptivity — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
11 letter words containing a, d, p
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
12 letter words containing a, d, p
13 letter words containing a, d, p
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- allophanamide — biuret.
- allopolyploid — (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from different species
14 letter words containing a, d, p
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
15 letter words containing a, d, p
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
16 letter words containing a, d, p
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
17 letter words containing a, d, p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing a, d, p
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- dimethyltryptamine — a hallucinogenic drug, C 12 H 16 N 2 , with an action of short duration. Abbreviation: DMT.
19 letter words containing a, d, p
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
20 letter words containing a, d, p
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing a, d, p
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing a, d, p
23 letter words containing a, d, p
24 letter words containing a, d, p
31 letter words containing a, d, p
32 letter words containing a, d, p
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11778 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.