Words containing a, d, o, p
4 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- dopa — an amino acid, C 9 H 11 NO 4 , formed from tyrosine in the liver during melanin and epinephrine biosynthesis: the L-dopa isomer is converted in the brain to dopamine.
5 letter words containing a, d, o, p
6 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
- apodal — (of snakes, eels, etc) without feet; having no obvious hind limbs or pelvic fins
- dayhop — a day's journey; a distance that can be traveled in one day.
- dognap — to steal (a dog), especially for the purpose of selling it for profit.
- dopant — an impurity added intentionally in a very small, controlled amount to a pure semiconductor to change its electrical properties: Arsenic is a dopant for silicon.
7 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
- adopted — having been adopted
- adoptee — a person who is adopted.
- adopter — person who adopts a child
8 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- adaption — Adaption means the same as adaptation.
- adiposis — obesity or excessive fatness
- adoption — the act of adopting: the adoption of a new amendment.
- adoptive — Someone's adoptive family is the family that adopted them.
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
9 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- adaptions — the act of adapting.
- adaptogen — any of various natural substances used in herbal medicine to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- ademption — the failure of a specific legacy, as by a testator disposing of the subject matter in his lifetime
10 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- actinopods — any protozoan of the subclass Actinopoda, including the heliozoans and radiolarians, having stiff, rodlike, radiating pseudopodia.
- adaptation — An adaptation of a book or play is a film or a television programme that is based on it.
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- adipopexia — lipopexia.
11 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
12 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- adaptational — of or relating to adaptation
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
13 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- allophanamide — biuret.
- allopolyploid — (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from different species
14 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
15 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
16 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
17 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
20 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- ophthalmodynamometer — a device for determining the nearest point of ocular convergence.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
21 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- paracoccidioidomycosis — a chronic infection caused by the fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, occurring in Mexico and in Central and South America, characterized by mouth and throat ulcers, weight loss, and lesions on the skin, intestines, and genitals.
23 letter words containing a, d, o, p
24 letter words containing a, d, o, p
26 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
28 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
31 letter words containing a, d, o, p
32 letter words containing a, d, o, p
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, O, P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6910 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, O, P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.