Words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
6 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- aldose — a sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is a hemiacetal
7 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
8 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- absolved — Simple past tense and past participle of absolve.
- aldolase — an enzyme present in the body that breaks down fructose into triose sugars
- asphodel — any of various S European liliaceous plants of the genera Asphodelus and Asphodeline, having clusters of white or yellow flowers
- assoiled — Simple past tense and past participle of assoil.
- baseload — The minimum load on a power station over a standard period.
9 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- abolished — Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution).
- accolades — Plural form of accolade.
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- alkoxides — Plural form of alkoxide.
- almohades — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa during the 12th and 13th centuries.
10 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- aardwolves — Plural form of aardwolf.
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- adhesional — relating to adhesion
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
- adsorbable — Able to be adsorbed.
11 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
- adolescents — Plural form of adolescent.
- aerosolised — Simple past tense and past participle of aerosolise.
- aerosolized — Simple past tense and past participle of aerosolize.
- afterworlds — Plural form of afterworld.
12 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adhesiolysis — Lb surgery The cutting or removal of adhesion or scar tissue.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
13 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- acidulousness — A state of or tendency toward being acidulous or somewhat sour or acid.
- acotyledonous — Having no seed lobes, as the dodder; also applied to plants which have no true seeds, as ferns, mosses, etc.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenosclerosis — (medicine) The hardening of a gland.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- ambidextrously — In an ambidextrous manner.
15 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- acknowledgments — a section of text containing an author’s statement acknowledging his or her use of the works of other authors and thanking the people who have helped him or her, usually printed at the front of a book
- adrenalectomies — Plural form of adrenalectomy.
- adventuresomely — In an adventuresome manner.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
17 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- adenosylmethionine — (biochemistry) An adenosyl derivative of methionine that is a common co-substrate involved in transmethylation.
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- constitutionalized — Simple past tense and past participle of constitutionalize.
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
19 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
20 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- deinstitutionalizing — Present participle of deinstitutionalize.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
21 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
22 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- deinstitutionalisation — Alternative spelling of deinstitutionalization.
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
23 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
25 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
28 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
34 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)
35 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e, s
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, O, L, E, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4547 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, O, L, E, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.