Words containing a, c, y
3 letter words containing a, c, y
- cay — a small low island or bank composed of sand and coral fragments, esp in the Caribbean area
4 letter words containing a, c, y
- achy — If you feel achy, your body hurts.
- acyl — of, denoting, or containing the monovalent group of atoms RCO-, where R is an organic group
- cady — Alternative spelling of kady.
- cagy — cautious, wary, or shrewd: a cagey reply to the probing question.
- caky — a sweet, baked, breadlike food, made with or without shortening, and usually containing flour, sugar, baking powder or soda, eggs, and liquid flavoring.
5 letter words containing a, c, y
6 letter words containing a, c, y
- abbacy — the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess
- acetyl — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group CH3CO-
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- acuity — Acuity is sharpness of vision or hearing, or quickness of thought.
- agency — An agency is a business which provides a service on behalf of other businesses.
7 letter words containing a, c, y
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- acharya — a prominent religious teacher and spiritual guide
- acidify — to convert into or become acid
- acidity — the quality or state of being acid
8 letter words containing a, c, y
- abeyance — a state of being suspended or put aside temporarily
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- accuracy — The accuracy of information or measurements is their quality of being true or correct, even in small details.
- acerbity — Acerbity is a kind of bitter, critical humour.
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
9 letter words containing a, c, y
- abecedary — abecedarian.
- aberrancy — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- accessary — accessory
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
10 letter words containing a, c, y
11 letter words containing a, c, y
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
12 letter words containing a, c, y
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
13 letter words containing a, c, y
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
14 letter words containing a, c, y
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
15 letter words containing a, c, y
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
16 letter words containing a, c, y
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
17 letter words containing a, c, y
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
18 letter words containing a, c, y
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing a, c, y
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing a, c, y
22 letter words containing a, c, y
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13194 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.