Words containing a, c, v
3 letter words containing a, c, v
- acv — actual cash value: the amount of money it would take to replace or repair damaged or lost property, with an amount deducted for depreciation
- avc — additional voluntary contribution: one of a series of supplementary payments made to a pension fund
- cav — Curia advisari vult: used in English law to indicate that a court has decided to consider a case privately before giving judgment, as when time is needed to consider arguments or submissions made to it
- cva — cerebrovascular accident
4 letter words containing a, c, v
- catv — community antenna television
- cava — a Spanish sparkling wine produced by a method similar to that used for champagne
- cave — A cave is a large hole in the side of a cliff or hill, or one that is under the ground.
- cavy — any small South American hystricomorph rodent of the family Caviidae, esp any of the genus Cavia, having a thickset body and very small tail
- chav — If you call someone a chav, you think that the way they look shows a lack of taste and education, although they may wear expensive clothes.
5 letter words containing a, c, v
- calve — When a cow calves, it gives birth to a calf.
- carve — If you carve an object, you make it by cutting it out of a substance such as wood or stone. If you carve something such as wood or stone into an object, you make the object by cutting it out.
- cavan — a county of N Republic of Ireland: hilly, with many small lakes and bogs. County town: Cavan. Pop: 56 546 (2002). Area: 1890 sq km (730 sq miles)
- cavel — a drawing of lots among miners for an easy and profitable place at the coalface
- caver — A caver is someone who goes into underground caves as a sport.
6 letter words containing a, c, v
- active — Someone who is active moves around a lot or does a lot of things.
- advect — (of air, water) to move horizontally
- advice — If you give someone advice, you tell them what you think they should do in a particular situation.
- aircav — air cavalry.
- alcove — An alcove is a small area of a room which is formed by one part of a wall being built further back than the rest of the wall.
7 letter words containing a, c, v
- achieve — If you achieve a particular aim or effect, you succeed in doing it or causing it to happen, usually after a lot of effort.
- actives — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- activin — a peptide that is synthesized in the pituitary gland and gonads and stimulates the secretion of FSH.
- advance — To advance means to move forward, often in order to attack someone.
- advices — an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I shall act on your advice.
8 letter words containing a, c, v
- acervate — growing in heaps or clusters
- achiever — A high achiever is someone who is successful in their studies or their work, usually as a result of their efforts. A low achiever is someone who achieves less than those around them.
- activate — If a device or process is activated, something causes it to start working.
- actively — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- actives' — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
9 letter words containing a, c, v
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
- accretive — an increase by natural growth or by gradual external addition; growth in size or extent.
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
10 letter words containing a, c, v
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- activation — to make active; cause to function or act.
- activeness — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
11 letter words containing a, c, v
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accusatival — of the accusative case
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
12 letter words containing a, c, v
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- activization — to make active; activate.
- adjectivally — as an adjective
- adjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
13 letter words containing a, c, v
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- adventuristic — relating to adventurism
14 letter words containing a, c, v
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- anti-infective — of or relating to a substance used in the treatment of an infection.
- anticonvulsant — any of a class of drugs used to prevent or abolish convulsions
- appreciatively — feeling or showing appreciation: an appreciative audience at the concert.
- attractiveness — providing pleasure or delight, especially in appearance or manner; pleasing; charming; alluring: an attractive personality.
15 letter words containing a, c, v
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
16 letter words containing a, c, v
- anti-calvinistic — the doctrines and teachings of John Calvin or his followers, emphasizing predestination, the sovereignty of God, the supreme authority of the Scriptures, and the irresistibility of grace. Compare Arminianism.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- chancellorsville — hamlet in NE Va. (now called Chancellor): site of a Civil War battle (May, 1863) won by Confederate forces
- chauvinistically — a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.
17 letter words containing a, c, v
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
18 letter words containing a, c, v
19 letter words containing a, c, v
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
20 letter words containing a, c, v
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
- lacto-ovo-vegetarian — Also called lactovarian [lak-tuh-vair-ee-uh n] /ˌlæk təˈvɛər i ən/ (Show IPA), ovolactarian, ovo-lacto-vegetarian. a vegetarian whose diet includes dairy products and eggs.
21 letter words containing a, c, v
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing a, c, v
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
23 letter words containing a, c, v
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing a, c, v
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing a, c, v
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
26 letter words containing a, c, v
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, V. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6348 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, V that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.