Words containing a, c, u, s, l
5 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
6 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- callus — A callus is an unwanted area of thick skin, usually on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet, which has been caused by something rubbing against it.
- calvus — (of a cumulonimbus cloud) having its upper portion changing from a rounded, cumuliform shape to a diffuse, whitish, cirriform mass with vertical striations.
- casual — If you are casual, you are, or you pretend to be, relaxed and not very concerned about what is happening or what you are doing.
- caulis — the main stem of a plant
- causal — If there is a causal relationship between two things, one thing is responsible for causing the other thing.
7 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
8 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- acoelous — not having a true digestive tract
- aesculin — a chemical found in the bark of horse-chestnut trees
- alcinous — (in Homer's Odyssey) a Phaeacian king at whose court the shipwrecked Odysseus told of his wanderings
9 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- acidulous — rather sour
- actualise — to make actual or real; turn into action or fact.
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- aeschylus — ?525–?456 bc, Greek dramatist, regarded as the father of Greek tragedy. Seven of his plays are extant, including Seven Against Thebes, The Persians, Prometheus Bound, and the trilogy of the Oresteia
10 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acausality — having no cause.
- accusingly — to charge with the fault, offense, or crime (usually followed by of): He accused him of murder.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
11 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accusatival — of the accusative case
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
12 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acoustically — with reference to acoustics; from the standpoint of acoustics
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
13 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
14 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- altruistically — unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others (opposed to egoistic).
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
- anticoagulants — Also, anticoagulative [an-tee-koh-ag-yuh-ley-tiv, -luh-tiv, an-tahy-] /ˌæn ti koʊˈæg yəˌleɪ tɪv, -lə tɪv, ˌæn taɪ-/ (Show IPA). preventing coagulation, especially of blood.
15 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
16 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
17 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- immunohistological — the microscopic study of tissues with the aid of antibodies that bind to tissue components and reveal their presence.
19 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- individualistically — a person who shows great independence or individuality in thought or action.
- internal-combustion — of or relating to an internal-combustion engine.
20 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
- pseudo-psychological — of or relating to psychology.
- quasi-constitutional — of or relating to the constitution of a state, organization, etc.
21 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
- quasi-socialistically — of or relating to socialists or socialism.
22 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
23 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
27 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
45 letter words containing a, c, u, s, l
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, U, S, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5704 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, U, S, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.