Words containing a, c, u, s
4 letter words containing a, c, u, s
5 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- arcus — an arcus senilis
- ascus — a saclike structure that produces (usually) eight ascospores during sexual reproduction in ascomycetous fungi such as yeasts and mildews
- caius — Saint, died a.d. 296, pope 283–296.
- camus — Albert (albɛr). 1913–60, French novelist, dramatist, and essayist, noted for his pessimistic portrayal of man's condition of isolation in an absurd world: author of the novels L'Étranger (1942) and La Peste (1947), the plays Le Malentendu (1945) and Caligula (1946), and the essays Le Mythe de Sisyphe (1942) and L'Homme révolté (1951): Nobel prize for literature 1957
- cauls — a form or plate for pressing a veneer or veneers being glued to a backing or to each other.
6 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- acarus — any of the free-living mites of the widely distributed genus Acarus, several of which, esp A. siro, are serious pests of stored flour, grain, etc
- accius — Lucius, c170–c90 b.c, Roman poet and prose writer.
- accuse — If you accuse someone of doing something wrong or dishonest, you say or tell them that you believe that they did it.
- acinus — any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
7 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- acausal — having no cause.
- accurst — under a curse; doomed; ill-fated.
- accusal — accusation
- accused — You can use the accused to refer to a person or a group of people charged with a crime or on trial for it.
- accuser — An accuser is a person who says that another person has done something wrong, especially that he or she has committed a crime.
8 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
9 letter words containing a, c, u, s
10 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acausality — having no cause.
- accusation — If you make an accusation against someone, you criticize them or express the belief that they have done something wrong.
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
11 letter words containing a, c, u, s
12 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acoustically — with reference to acoustics; from the standpoint of acoustics
13 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
14 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- altruistically — unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others (opposed to egoistic).
15 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
16 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
19 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
20 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
21 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
23 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
24 letter words containing a, c, u, s
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, U, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10768 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, U, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.