Words containing a, c, u, m
5 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- amuck — amok
- camus — Albert (albɛr). 1913–60, French novelist, dramatist, and essayist, noted for his pessimistic portrayal of man's condition of isolation in an absurd world: author of the novels L'Étranger (1942) and La Peste (1947), the plays Le Malentendu (1945) and Caligula (1946), and the essays Le Mythe de Sisyphe (1942) and L'Homme révolté (1951): Nobel prize for literature 1957
- cavum — (anatomy) A cavity.
- cumae — the oldest Greek colony in Italy, founded about 750 bc near Naples
- macau — Macao.
6 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
- acumen — keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a situation; shrewdness
- aecium — a globular or cup-shaped structure in some rust fungi in which aeciospores are produced
- almuce — a fur-lined hood or cape formerly worn by members of certain religious orders, more recently by canons of France
7 letter words containing a, c, u, m
8 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- accustom — If you accustom yourself or another person to something, you make yourself or them become used to it.
- aciculum — a bristlelike part; seta
- aconitum — any plant belonging to the genus Aconitum, of the buttercup family, having irregular flowers usually in loose clusters, including species with poisonous and medicinal properties.
- actinium — a radioactive element of the actinide series, occurring as a decay product of uranium. It is used as an alpha-particle source and in neutron production. Symbol: Ac; atomic no: 89; half-life of most stable isotope,227Ac: 21.6 years; relative density: 10.07; melting pt: 1051°C; boiling pt: 3200 ± 300°C
9 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- accumbent — (of plant parts and plants) lying against some other part or thing
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- acuminate — narrowing to a sharp point, as some types of leaf
- acuminous — keen insight; shrewdness: remarkable acumen in business matters.
10 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- accruement — the action of accruing
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
- acronymous — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
11 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- acquirement — an acquiring or being acquired
12 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
13 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
14 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- anti-communist — a person who is opposed to Communism
- anti-incumbent — holding an indicated position, role, office, etc., currently: the incumbent officers of the club.
- autocollimator — an instrument combining the functions of a telescope and collimator, for detecting and measuring very small deviations in a beam of light.
15 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- anti-humanistic — a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
16 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- bronchopneumonia — inflammation of the lungs, originating in the bronchioles
- camborne-redruth — a former (until 1974) urban district in SW England, in Cornwall: formed in 1934 by the amalgamation of the neighbouring towns of Camborne and Redruth. Pop: 39 936 (2001)
- chemotherapeutic — of or used in chemotherapy
- circumnavigation — to sail or fly around; make the circuit of by navigation: to circumnavigate the earth.
17 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
- circumlocutionary — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- circumstantiality — the quality of being circumstantial
18 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- chukchi-kamchatkan — Chukotian.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
- immunohistological — the microscopic study of tissues with the aid of antibodies that bind to tissue components and reveal their presence.
- immunopharmacology — the branch of pharmacology concerned with the immune system
19 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- material-equivalence — the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.
- microminiaturization — extreme miniaturization, especially of electronic equipment, with extensive use of integrated circuits.
21 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
25 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
32 letter words containing a, c, u, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, U, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6211 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, U, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.