Words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
6 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
7 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- arcuate — shaped or bent like an arc or bow
- capture — If you capture someone or something, you catch them, especially in a war.
- cautery — the coagulation of blood or destruction of body tissue by cauterizing
- centaur — In classical mythology, a centaur is a creature with the head, arms, and upper body of a man, and the body and legs of a horse.
- curated — Chiefly British. a member of the clergy employed to assist a rector or vicar.
8 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
9 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- accoutred — equipped or dressed in a particular way
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- antecourt — a forecourt.
- antiulcer — acting against ulcers
- autocrine — relating to self-stimulation, through the production of a factor and a specific receptor for it
10 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
11 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
- acquirement — an acquiring or being acquired
- acupuncture — Acupuncture is the treatment of a person's illness or pain by sticking small needles into their body at certain places.
12 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
13 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- adventuristic — relating to adventurism
- aeroacoustics — the study of the generation and transmittance of sound by fluid flow
14 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- anti-neuralgic — sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a nerve.
- antirepublican — opposed to the principles or practice of republicanism
- articulateness — uttered clearly in distinct syllables.
15 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
- autocorrelation — the condition occurring when successive items in a series are correlated so that their covariance is not zero and they are not independent
16 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
17 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
19 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
- material-equivalence — the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
22 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
23 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
25 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
32 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
45 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r, e
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, T, U, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6537 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, T, U, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.