Words containing a, c, t, u, l
6 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- actual — You use actual to emphasize that you are referring to something real or genuine.
- clutha — a river in New Zealand, the longest river in South Island; rising in the Southern Alps it flows southeast to the Pacific. Length: 338 km (210 miles)
- cotula — (in prescriptions) a measure.
- curtal — cut short
- lurcat — Jean [zhahn] /ʒɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1892–1966, French painter and tapestry designer.
7 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- actuals — Plural form of actual.
- acutely — If you feel or notice something acutely, you feel or notice it very strongly.
- calicut — seaport in SW India, on the Arabian Sea: pop. 420,000
- calumet — a long-stemmed ceremonial pipe, smoked by North American Indians as a token of peace, at sacrifices, etc.
- capulet — the family name of Juliet in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
8 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- actually — You use actually to indicate that a situation exists or happened, or to emphasize that it is true.
- aculeate — cutting; pointed
- archlute — a long, large bass lute
- baculite — an extinct species of mollusc from the Late Cretaceous period, fossils of which have been found ranging from 7cm to 2m in length
9 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
10 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- acausality — having no cause.
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
- accurately — free from error or defect; consistent with a standard, rule, or model; precise; exact.
- acebutolol — a beta blocker, C 18 H 28 N 2 O 4 , used in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
11 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
- accountably — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
12 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
13 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- actualization — the act or process of actualizing.
14 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
15 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
16 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
17 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- hyper-intellectual — appealing to or engaging the intellect: intellectual pursuits.
- immunohistological — the microscopic study of tissues with the aid of antibodies that bind to tissue components and reveal their presence.
19 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
20 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
22 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
29 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing a, c, t, u, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, T, U, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7087 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, T, U, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.