Words containing a, c, t, o
4 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- acto — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
5 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
- actor — An actor is someone whose job is acting in plays or films. 'Actor' in the singular usually refers to a man, but some women who act prefer to be called 'actors' rather than 'actresses'.
- actos — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- ascot — a cravat with wide square ends, usually secured with an ornamental stud
6 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
- aceto- — containing an acetyl group or derived from acetic acid
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- alcott — Louisa May. 1832–88, US novelist, noted for her children's books, esp Little Women (1869)
7 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- abiotic — of nonliving substances or environmental factors
- accosts — to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- acetoin — a yellowish, pleasant-smelling liquid, C 4 H 8 O 2 , obtained from various carbohydrates, as glucose, by fermentation: used chiefly in the manufacture of flavors and essences.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
8 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
9 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- acanthous — spinous.
10 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
11 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
12 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
13 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
14 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
15 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
17 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
19 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing a, c, t, o
21 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
23 letter words containing a, c, t, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, T, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 26253 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, T, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.