Words containing a, c, r, o, d
5 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- draco — a late 7th-century b.c. Athenian statesman noted for the severity of his code of laws.
6 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- accord — An accord between countries or groups of people is a formal agreement, for example to end a war.
- candor — Candor is the quality of speaking honestly and openly about things.
- cardio — Cardiovascular; pertaining to the health of the circulatory and respiratory systems.
- cardon — a tall cactus, Pachycereus pringlei, native to Mexico
- chador — a large, square cloth traditionally worn as a shawl or cloak by Muslim and Hindu women
7 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- acaroid — resembling a mite or tick
- accardo — Salvatore. born 1941, Italian violinist and conductor
- barcode — a machine-readable arrangement of numbers and parallel lines of different widths printed on a package, which can be electronically scanned at a checkout to register the price of the goods and to activate computer stock-checking and reordering
- brocade — Brocade is a thick, expensive material, often made of silk, with a raised pattern on it.
- caldron — a large kettle or boiler
8 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- accorded — to be in agreement or harmony; agree.
- acrodont — (of the teeth of some reptiles) having no roots and being fused at the base to the margin of the jawbones
- adductor — a muscle that adducts
- alcindor — (Ferdinand) Lew(is, Jr.) original name of Abdul-Jabbar.
9 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- accordant — in conformity or harmony
- according — in proportion; in relation
- accordion — An accordion is a musical instrument in the shape of a fairly large box which you hold in your hands. You play the accordion by pressing keys or buttons on either side while moving the two sides together and apart. Accordions are used especially to play traditional popular music.
10 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- accordance — conformity; agreement; accord (esp in the phrase in accordance with)
- accoutered — to equip or outfit, especially with military clothes, equipment, etc.
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- acidometer — a type of hydrometer for measuring the relative density of an acid solution, esp the acid in a battery
11 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accordantly — agreeing; conforming; harmonious.
- accordatura — the notes to which a stringed instrument is tuned.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- accordioned — Also called piano accordion. a portable wind instrument having a large bellows for forcing air through small metal reeds, a keyboard for the right hand, and buttons for sounding single bass notes or chords for the left hand.
12 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- air-condition — to apply air conditioning to
- aminoaciduria — the presence of amino acids in urine
14 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
15 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- bidirectionally — in a bidirectional manner
16 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
17 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- cardioaccelerator — a substance that increases the heart rate.
18 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
19 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
20 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
23 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
31 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
32 letter words containing a, c, r, o, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, R, O, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7863 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, R, O, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.