Words containing a, c, o, m, d
6 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- mcadoo — William Gibbs, 1863–1941, U.S. lawyer and statesman: Secretary of the Treasury 1913–18.
7 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- caedmon — fl. a.d. c670, Anglo-Saxon religious poet.
- camcord — (rare, transitive) To record using a camcorder.
- camwood — a W African leguminous tree, Baphia nitida, whose hard wood was formerly used in making a red dye
- caromed — Billiards, Pool. a shot in which the cue ball hits two balls in succession.
- command — If someone in authority commands you to do something, they tell you that you must do it.
8 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- cambodia — a country in SE Asia: became part of French Indochina in 1887; achieved self-government in 1949 and independence in 1953; civil war (1970–74) ended in victory for the Khmer Rouge, who renamed the country Kampuchea (1975) and carried out extreme-radical political and economic reforms resulting in a considerable reduction of the population; Vietnamese forces ousted the Khmer Rouge in 1979 and set up a pro-Vietnamese government who reverted (1981) to the name Cambodia; after Vietnamese withdrawal in 1989 a peace settlement with exiled factions was followed in 1993 by the adoption of a democratic monarchist constitution restoring Prince Sihanouk to the throne. The country contains the central plains of the Mekong River and the Cardamom Mountains in the SW. Official language: Khmer; French is also widely spoken. Currency: riel. Capital: Phnom Penh. Pop: 15 205 539 (2013 est). Area: 181 000 sq km (69 895 sq miles)
- camisado — (formerly) an attack made under cover of darkness
- caodaism — an eclectic religion, originated in Cochin-China in 1926, combining Buddhist, Taoist, and Confucianist elements and affected to some extent by Christianity.
- cardamom — Cardamom is a spice. It comes from the seeds of a plant grown in Asia.
- cardamon — the aromatic seed capsules of a tropical Asian plant, Elettaria cardamomum, of the ginger family, used as a spice or condiment and in medicine.
9 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- acrodrome — (of the veins of a leaf) running parallel to the edges of the leaf and fusing at the tip
- acronymed — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- alcimedon — an Arcadian hero whose daughter, Philao, was seduced by Hercules.
- ambuscado — an ambush
- aminoacid — Alternative spelling of amino acid.
10 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- accomodate — Misspelling of accommodate.
- accordment — (obsolete) Agreement; reconcilement.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
- acidometer — a type of hydrometer for measuring the relative density of an acid solution, esp the acid in a battery
- adenectomy — surgical removal of a gland
11 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- abscondment — An act of absconding or escaping.
- accommodate — If a building or space can accommodate someone or something, it has enough room for them.
- accomodator — Misspelling of accommodator.
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- acrodynamic — Lb linguistics acrokinetic.
12 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- accommodates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of accommodate.
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- accomodating — Misspelling of accommodating.
13 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
14 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- abdominopelvic — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the abdomen and (the cavity of) the pelvis.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
- accustomedness — the state of being customary or usual
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
15 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- accommodatingly — In an accommodating manner.
- accommodational — relating to accommodation
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acknowledgments — a section of text containing an author’s statement acknowledging his or her use of the works of other authors and thanking the people who have helped him or her, usually printed at the front of a book
- adenocarcinomas — Plural form of adenocarcinoma.
16 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationism — A policy of being accommodating.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acknowledgements — Plural form of acknowledgement.
17 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- accommodationists — Plural form of accommodationist.
- accommodativeness — The state or quality of being accommodative.
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
18 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- adenocarcinomatous — Of or pertaining to adenocarcinomas.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- antidiscrimination — (legal) Opposing or disallowing discrimination.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
19 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- counterdemonstrator — Someone who demonstrates in opposition to another demonstration that is happening nearby at the same time.
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
20 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- decompartmentalizing — Present participle of decompartmentalize.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
21 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- counterdemonstrations — Plural form of counterdemonstration.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- decompartmentalization — the act of decompartmentalizing
- paracoccidioidomycosis — a chronic infection caused by the fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, occurring in Mexico and in Central and South America, characterized by mouth and throat ulcers, weight loss, and lesions on the skin, intestines, and genitals.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
26 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
28 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
32 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, c, o, m, d
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, O, M, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3815 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, O, M, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.