Words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
6 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- canthi — the angle or corner on each side of the eye, formed by the junction of the upper and lower lids.
7 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- antioch — a city in S Turkey, on the Orontes River: ancient commercial centre and capital of Syria (300–64 bc); early centre of Christianity. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- chianti — a mountain range in central Italy, in Tuscany, rising over 870 m (2900 ft): part of the Apennines
- cynthia — a feminine name: dim. Cindy
- gnathic — of or relating to the jaw.
- ithacan — one of the Ionian Islands, off the W coast of Greece: legendary home of Ulysses. 37 sq. mi. (96 sq. km). Greek Itháki.
8 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- anthemic — (of a song) like an anthem in being rousing or uplifting.
- asthenic — of, relating to, or having asthenia; weak
- atchison — a city in NE Kansas, on the Missouri River.
- batching — a quantity or number coming at one time or taken together: a batch of prisoners.
- catching — If an illness or a disease is catching, it is easily passed on or given to someone else.
9 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
10 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- altrincham — a residential town in NW England, in Trafford unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 40 695 (2001)
- amphictyon — a delegate to an amphictyonic council
11 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acrocorinth — the citadel of ancient Corinth: strategic in the control of the Isthmus of Corinth; extensive ruins.
12 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthetician — a student of aesthetics
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
- amphictyonic — of or relating to an amphictyon or an amphictyony.
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
13 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- anachronistic — You say that something is anachronistic when you think that it is out of date or old-fashioned.
14 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
16 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
17 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
18 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- psychomotor-agitation — the act or process of agitating; state of being agitated: She left in great agitation.
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
- somatotrophic-hormone — a hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland, that stimulates growth in humans.
22 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
- otorhinolaryngological — of or relating to the medical practice involving the ear, nose, and throat.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
25 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
26 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- philosophical-anthropology — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
29 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
31 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
32 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, i
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, N, T, H, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4963 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, N, T, H, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.