Words containing a, c, k, n
4 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- nack — (computing) To acknowledge negatively; to send a NAK signal to.
5 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- chank — a large sea conch found off the shores of India and Sri Lanka, used as a horn or to make ornaments
- clank — When large metal objects clank, they make a noise because they are hitting together or hitting against something hard.
- crank — If you call someone a crank, you think their ideas or behaviour are strange.
- knack — a special skill, talent, or aptitude: He had a knack for saying the right thing.
- snack — a small portion of food or drink or a light meal, especially one eaten between regular meals.
6 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- achkan — a type of man's coat, knee-length or longer and long-sleeved, worn in South Asia, traditionally by the Muslim and Sikh aristocracy of Northern India
- acknow — to recognize
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- antick — antic
- caking — Present participle of cake.
7 letter words containing a, c, k, n
8 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- akinetic — without motion, unmoving
- almanack — Alternative spelling of almanac.
- amikacin — a wide-spectrum semisynthetic antibiotic, C 22 H 45 N 5 O 13 , used in the treatment of infections, especially those caused by susceptible Gram-negative bacilli.
- anticked — Simple past tense and past participle of antic.
- antilock — designed to prevent skidding and improve control by sensing and compensating for overbraking
9 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- aniakchak — an active volcanic crater in SW Alaska, on the Alaska Peninsula: the largest explosion crater in the world. Height: 1347 m (4420 ft). Diameter: 9 km (6 miles)
- ankylotic — Of or pertaining to ankylosis.
- antiblack — showing discrimination against Black people
- anticrack — protecting a computer against unauthorized access
- antiknock — a compound, such as lead tetraethyl, added to petrol to reduce knocking in the engine
10 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- acknowledg — Obsolete form of acknowledge.
- adirondack — a member of an Algonquian people living mainly north of the St. Lawrence River.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
- answerback — a reply or answering message from a computer or other electronic device, as by means of teletypewriter or simulated voice.
- archipenko — Aleksandr Porfiryevich (alɪkˈsandr parˈfirjɪvitʃ). 1887– 1964, Russian sculptor and painter, in the US after 1923, whose work is characterized by economy of form
11 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- acrokinesia — (pathology) Alternative form of acrocinesia.
- airsickness — a feeling of nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, as a result of the motion of the aircraft in which one is traveling.
- alkalescent — developing alkaline qualities
- alpenstocks — Plural form of alpenstock.
12 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- anuszkiewicz — Richard Joseph, born 1930, U.S. op-art painter.
- appleknocker — Northern U.S. a rustic.
13 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- acknowledging — Present participle of acknowledg.
- anti-kickback — a percentage of income given to a person in a position of power or influence as payment for having made the income possible: usually considered improper or unethical.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- apple-knocker — Northern U.S. a rustic.
- back-slapping — Back-slapping is noisy, cheerful behaviour which people use in order to show affection or appreciation to each other.
14 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- anxiety-attack — an intense attack of anxiety characterized by feelings of impending doom and trembling, sweating, pounding heart, and other physical symptoms.
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
15 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acknowledgments — a section of text containing an author’s statement acknowledging his or her use of the works of other authors and thanking the people who have helped him or her, usually printed at the front of a book
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
16 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- acknowledgements — Plural form of acknowledgement.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- bacterioplankton — (biology) The bacterial component of marine plankton.
17 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- cloud-cuckoo-land — If you say that someone is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, you are criticizing them because they think there are no problems and that things will happen exactly as they want them to, when this is obviously not the case.
- jack-in-the-green — (in England, formerly) a man who wore or supported a leaf-covered wooden framework while dancing in May-Day celebrations
- lackadaisicalness — without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
18 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- chickenheartedness — Alternative form of chicken-heartedness.
- chukchi-kamchatkan — Chukotian.
- jack-in-the-pulpit — A North American plant, Arisaema triphyllum, of the arum family, having an upright spadix arched over by a green or striped purplish-brown spathe.
- nickeled-and-dimed — of little or no importance; trivial; petty: a nickel-and-dime business that soon folded.
19 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- knock-down-drag-out — marked by unrelenting violence: a knock-down-drag-out fight.
- leukoencephalopathy — (medicine) Any disease that effects the white matter of the brain.
- phakoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
20 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
21 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
22 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
24 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
28 letter words containing a, c, k, n
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, K, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3630 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, K, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.