Words containing a, c, k
3 letter words containing a, c, k
- ack — (military, now historical) The letter A as used in signalling and other types of communications.
4 letter words containing a, c, k
- back — If you move back, you move in the opposite direction to the one in which you are facing or in which you were moving before.
- cack — nonsense
- cake — A cake is a sweet food made by baking a mixture of flour, eggs, sugar, and fat in an oven. Cakes may be large and cut into slices or small and intended for one person only.
- caky — a sweet, baked, breadlike food, made with or without shortening, and usually containing flour, sugar, baking powder or soda, eggs, and liquid flavoring.
- calk — a metal projection on a horse's shoe to prevent slipping
5 letter words containing a, c, k
- aback — towards the back; backwards
- ackee — a sapindaceous tree, Blighia sapida, native to tropical Africa and cultivated in the Caribbean for its fruit, edible when cooked
- acker — a pimple
- ackey — a silver coin minted in England in the late 18th and early 19th centuries for use in western Africa.
- acock — in a cocked position
6 letter words containing a, c, k
- achkan — a type of man's coat, knee-length or longer and long-sleeved, worn in South Asia, traditionally by the Muslim and Sikh aristocracy of Northern India
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- alcock — Sir John William. 1892–1919, English aviator who with A.W. Brown made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic (1919)
- arcked — a simple past tense and past participle of arc.
- arrack — a coarse spirit distilled in various Eastern countries from grain, rice, sugar cane, etc
7 letter words containing a, c, k
- achinsk — a city in the S central Russian Federation in Asia.
- ack-ack — anti-aircraft fire
- airlock — An airlock is a small room that is used to move between areas which do not have the same air pressure, for example in a spacecraft or submarine.
- airpack — an apparatus consisting of a face mask connected to a portable air supply, as an air tank that can be strapped to one's back, used especially by firefighters and search teams in areas of smoke, poisonous fumes, intense heat, etc.
- airsick — If you are airsick when you are traveling on an aircraft, you experience nausea as a result of the aircraft's motion.
8 letter words containing a, c, k
9 letter words containing a, c, k
- afterdeck — the unprotected deck behind the bridge of a ship
- alackaday — alack
- alkalotic — characterized by alkalosis
- amberjack — any of several large carangid fishes of the genus Seriola, esp S. dumerili, with golden markings when young, occurring in tropical and subtropical Atlantic waters
- aniakchak — an active volcanic crater in SW Alaska, on the Alaska Peninsula: the largest explosion crater in the world. Height: 1347 m (4420 ft). Diameter: 9 km (6 miles)
10 letter words containing a, c, k
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- adirondack — a member of an Algonquian people living mainly north of the St. Lawrence River.
- aftershock — Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes which occur after a large earthquake.
- akaryocyte — A cell that has no nucleus.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
11 letter words containing a, c, k
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- airsickness — a feeling of nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, as a result of the motion of the aircraft in which one is traveling.
- alaska-crab — horseshoe crab.
- alkalescent — developing alkaline qualities
- apparatchik — An apparatchik is someone who works for a government or a political party and who obeys orders.
12 letter words containing a, c, k
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- anuszkiewicz — Richard Joseph, born 1930, U.S. op-art painter.
- apparatchiks — a member of an apparat, especially in a Communist country.
13 letter words containing a, c, k
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- anti-kickback — a percentage of income given to a person in a position of power or influence as payment for having made the income possible: usually considered improper or unethical.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- apple-knocker — Northern U.S. a rustic.
- back-slapping — Back-slapping is noisy, cheerful behaviour which people use in order to show affection or appreciation to each other.
14 letter words containing a, c, k
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- anxiety-attack — an intense attack of anxiety characterized by feelings of impending doom and trembling, sweating, pounding heart, and other physical symptoms.
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
15 letter words containing a, c, k
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- black-marketeer — to sell articles in the black market.
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
16 letter words containing a, c, k
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- brick-and-mortar — pertaining to conventional stores, businesses, etc., having physical buildings and facilities, as opposed to Internet or remote services.
- cantankerousness — disagreeable to deal with; contentious; peevish: a cantankerous, argumentative man.
17 letter words containing a, c, k
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- cloud-cuckoo-land — If you say that someone is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, you are criticizing them because they think there are no problems and that things will happen exactly as they want them to, when this is obviously not the case.
- cock-a-doodle-doo — an imitation or representation of a cock crowing
18 letter words containing a, c, k
19 letter words containing a, c, k
21 letter words containing a, c, k
24 letter words containing a, c, k
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, K. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8121 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, K that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.