Words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
7 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- adichie — Chimamanda Ngozi, born 1977, Nigerian novelist; her novels include Purple Hibiscus (2003) and Half of a Yellow Sun (2006), which won the 2007 Orange Prize for Fiction
- chained — If you say that someone is chained to a person or a situation, you are emphasizing that there are reasons why they cannot leave that person or situation, even though you think they might like to.
- chaired — a seat, especially for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- didache — a treatise, perhaps of the 1st or early 2nd century ad, on Christian morality and practices
- echidna — Also called spiny anteater. any of several insectivorous monotremes of the genera Tachyglossus, of Australia, Tasmania, and New Guinea, and Zaglossus, of New Guinea, that have claws and a slender snout and are covered with coarse hair and long spines.
8 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- achieved — Reach or attain (a desired objective, level, or result) by effort, skill, or courage.
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
- aphicide — any substance used to kill aphids
- archived — Simple past tense and past participle of archive.
- bedchair — an adjustable chair to support an invalid sitting up in bed
9 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- aldehydic — any of a class of organic compounds containing the group −CHO, which yields acids when oxidized and alcohols when reduced.
- anhedonic — unable to feel or experience pleasure
- archaized — Simple past tense and past participle of archaize.
- archfiend — a chief fiend
10 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- alchemized — Simple past tense and past participle of alchemize.
- aphidicide — substance for killing aphids
11 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- adhocracies — Plural form of adhocracy.
- adiathermic — impervious to heat
12 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
13 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- aestheticized — Simple past tense and past participle of aestheticize.
- archimandrite — the head of a monastery or a group of monasteries
- architectured — Designed (according to a form of architecture, or as if by an architect).
- authenticated — Prove or show (something, esp. a claim or an artistic work) to be true or genuine.
14 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- archimandrites — Plural form of archimandrite.
- breech-loading — (of a firearm) loaded at the breech
- cambridgeshire — a county of E England, in East Anglia: includes the former counties of the Isle of Ely and Huntingdon and lies largely in the Fens: Peterborough became an independent unitary authority in 1998. Administrative centre: Cambridge. Pop (excluding Peterborough): 571 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Peterborough): 3068 sq km (184 sq miles)
15 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- academicianship — A membership in a national academy of arts or sciences.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- chenopodiaceous — belonging to the Chenopodiaceae, formerly the goosefoot family, now considered part of the amaranth family of plants.
16 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
17 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- chemoradiotherapy — (medicine) A combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy used to treat some cancers.
18 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- character-building — improving certain good or useful traits in a person's character, esp self-reliance, endurance, and courage
- chickenheartedness — Alternative form of chicken-heartedness.
- commander-in-chief — A commander-in-chief is a senior officer who is in charge of all the forces in a particular area.
19 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
- contradistinguished — Simple past tense and past participle of contradistinguish.
- contradistinguishes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of contradistinguish.
- cyclohexadienedione — (organic chemistry) benzoquinone.
20 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- electrocardiographic — Of or pertaining to an electrocardiogram (ECG) or electrocardiograph.
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- heteropolysaccharide — (carbohydrate) any polysaccharide formed from two or more different kinds of monosaccharide.
21 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- mucopolysaccharidoses — Plural form of mucopolysaccharidosis.
- trichloroacetaldehyde — chloral (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- icosidodecadodecahedron — A polyhedron having 44 faces, 60 vertices, 120 edges, 12 self intersected faces and 12 nonconvex faces.
- magnetohydrodynamically — In a magnetohydrodynamic way.
24 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- electrocardiographically — By means of electrocardiography.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
25 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
28 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- apple-touch-icon-precomposed — (programming) An alternative form of apple-touch-icon that is not subject to automatic modification (rounding, drop-shadow, reflective shine) as applied by iOS versions prior to iOS 7. A web page specifies a pre-composed icon by including an element in the like:
30 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
32 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h, e
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, I, D, H, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2583 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, I, D, H, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.