Words containing a, c, h, i, t
5 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
6 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- bichat — Marie François Xavier [ma-ree frahn-swa gza-vyey] /maˈri frɑ̃ˈswa gzaˈvyeɪ/ (Show IPA), 1771–1802, French physician.
- canthi — the angle or corner on each side of the eye, formed by the junction of the upper and lower lids.
- cathie — a female given name, form of Catherine.
- chital — axis deer.
- gathic — an ancient Iranian language of the Indo-European family; the language in which the Gathas were written. Compare Avestan.
7 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- achiote — annatto.
- alethic — of or relating to such philosophical concepts as truth, necessity, possibility, contingency, etc
- antioch — a city in S Turkey, on the Orontes River: ancient commercial centre and capital of Syria (300–64 bc); early centre of Christianity. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- aphetic — pertaining to or due to aphesis.
- aphotic — characterized by or growing in the absence of light
8 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- achroite — the colorless or white variety of tourmaline, often used as a gem.
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- aetheric — ether (defs 3–5).
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
9 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
10 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- achromatic — without colour
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
11 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
12 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- aesthetician — a student of aesthetics
- aestheticism — the doctrine that aesthetic principles are of supreme importance and that works of art should be judged accordingly
- aestheticize — make aesthetic
13 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromaticity — achromatism.
14 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
16 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
18 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
19 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
22 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
23 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
29 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
31 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
32 letter words containing a, c, h, i, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, H, I, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8294 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, H, I, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.