Words containing a, c, h, e, l
5 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- chela — a large pincer-like claw of such arthropods as the crab and scorpion
6 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- balche — (among the Yucatec Maya) a drink made from the bark of a leguminous tree, Lonchocarpus violaceus, which is soaked in honey and water and fermented.
- bleach — If you bleach something, you use a chemical to make it white or pale in colour.
- chalet — A chalet is a small wooden house, especially in a mountain area or a holiday camp.
- chanel — Gabrielle (ɡabriɛl), known as Coco Chanel. 1883–1971, French couturière and perfumer, who created "the little black dress" and the perfume Chanel No. 5
- chapel — A chapel is a part of a church which has its own altar and which is used for private prayer.
7 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
- alethic — of or relating to such philosophical concepts as truth, necessity, possibility, contingency, etc
- bauchle — an old worn shoe
- blanche — a feminine name
8 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- achillea — any plant of the N temperate genus Achillea, with white, yellow, or purple flowers, some species of which are widely grown as garden plants: family Asteraceae (composites)
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
- alberich — (in medieval German legend) the king of the dwarfs and guardian of the treasures of the Nibelungs
- alcahest — the universal solvent sought by the alchemists.
9 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
10 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
11 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
12 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
13 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- aesthetically — in an aesthetic manner
- alcoholometer — an instrument, such as a specially calibrated hydrometer, for determining the percentage of alcohol in a liquid
14 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
15 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- anti-technology — the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- anticholinergic — blocking nerve impulses through the parasympathetic nerves
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
16 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anti-theoretical — of, relating to, or consisting in theory; not practical (distinguished from applied).
17 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
18 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
19 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
20 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
22 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
23 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
29 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
31 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
32 letter words containing a, c, h, e, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, H, E, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6834 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, H, E, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.