Words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
7 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
8 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- capetian — a member of the dynasty founded by Hugh Capet, which ruled France from 987–1328 ad
- capstone — one of a set of slabs on the top of a wall, building, etc
- cenotaph — A cenotaph is a structure that is built in honour of soldiers who died in a war.
- clap-net — a net, used esp by entomologists, that can be closed instantly by pulling a string
- conepati — hog-nosed skunk (def 2).
9 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- acceptant — receiving willingly; receptive
- accepting — amenable; open: She was always more accepting of coaching suggestions than her teammates.
- analeptic — (of a drug, etc) stimulating the central nervous system
- anapestic — a foot of three syllables, two short followed by one long in quantitative meter, and two unstressed followed by one stressed in accentual meter, as in for the nonce.
- anteporch — an outer porch.
10 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- acceptance — Acceptance of an offer or a proposal is the act of saying yes to it or agreeing to it.
- acceptancy — the act of accepting; acceptance.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
- antechapel — the outer part of a chapel at the west end
- anticipate — If you anticipate an event, you realize in advance that it may happen and you are prepared for it.
11 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
- acupuncture — Acupuncture is the treatment of a person's illness or pain by sticking small needles into their body at certain places.
12 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
- analphabetic — not in alphabetical order
- anticipative — inclined to anticipate; of or full of anticipation
13 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- anisometropic — relating to anisometropia
14 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
15 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
16 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
17 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- capital-intensive — Capital-intensive industries and businesses need the investment of large sums of money. Compare labour-intensive.
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
18 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
19 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
20 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- magnetoencephalogram — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- pseudoparenchymatous — (in certain fungi and red algae) a compact mass of tissue, made up of interwoven hyphae or filaments, that superficially resembles plant tissue.
21 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
22 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
23 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
25 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
28 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
31 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
32 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
45 letter words containing a, c, e, p, t, n
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, E, P, T, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5452 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, E, P, T, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.