Words containing a, b, y
3 letter words containing a, b, y
4 letter words containing a, b, y
5 letter words containing a, b, y
- abaya — a loose-fitting, long-sleeved robe worn by Muslim women in Arabic-speaking countries, often with a headscarf or veil
- abbey — An abbey is a church with buildings attached to it in which monks or nuns live or used to live.
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- abyla — a mountain at Ceuta, N Africa
- abysm — an abyss
6 letter words containing a, b, y
- abbacy — the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess
- abomey — a city in SW Benin.
- abydos — an ancient town in central Egypt: site of many temples and tombs
- abying — Present participle of aby.
- albany — a city in E New York State, on the Hudson River: the state capital. Pop: 93 919 (2003 est)
7 letter words containing a, b, y
- abeyant — temporarily inactive, stopped, or suspended.
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- abysmal — If you describe a situation or the condition of something as abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality.
- abyssal — of or belonging to the ocean depths, esp below 2000 metres (6500 feet)
8 letter words containing a, b, y
- abeyance — a state of being suspended or put aside temporarily
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
9 letter words containing a, b, y
10 letter words containing a, b, y
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
11 letter words containing a, b, y
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
12 letter words containing a, b, y
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
13 letter words containing a, b, y
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
14 letter words containing a, b, y
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
15 letter words containing a, b, y
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- basses-pyrenees — former name of Pyrénées-Atlantiques.
- bathythermogram — a record made by a bathythermograph.
16 letter words containing a, b, y
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- bathythermograph — a device for measuring the temperature of the ocean at any specific depth down to c. 1,800 m (c. 5,900 ft)
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
17 letter words containing a, b, y
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
18 letter words containing a, b, y
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing a, b, y
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
20 letter words containing a, b, y
22 letter words containing a, b, y
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing a, b, y
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6400 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.