Words containing a, b, x
3 letter words containing a, b, x
- bax — Sir Arnold (Edward Trevor). 1883–1953, English composer of romantic works, often based on Celtic legends, including the tone poem Tintagel (1917)
4 letter words containing a, b, x
- pabx — (communications) (PABX) A telephone exchange operated within an organisation, used for switching calls between internal lines and between internal and PSTN lines. In contrast to a PMBX, a PABX can route calls without manual intervention, based entirely on the number dialed. Not all PABXs can route external calls to internal numbers automatically however.
5 letter words containing a, b, x
- baxis — the horizontal crystallographic axis that is in a right-left position.
- beaux — beau
- borax — Borax is a white powder used, for example, in the making of glass and as a cleaning chemical.
- braxy — an acute and usually fatal bacterial disease of sheep characterized by high fever, coma, and inflammation of the fourth stomach, caused by infection with Clostridium septicum
- xbase — Generic term for the dBASE family of database languages. Coined in response to threatened litigation over use of the copyrighted trademark "dBASE."
6 letter words containing a, b, x
- b-axis — the horizontal crystallographic axis that is in a right-left position.
- banjax — to ruin or destroy, often as a result of incompetence
- baveux — a meanspirited know-it-all.
- baxter — James (Keir). 1926–72, New Zealand lyric poet. His works include The Fallen House (1953) and In Fires of No Return (1958)
- bayeux — a town in NW France, on the River Aure: its museum houses the Bayeux tapestry and there is a 13th-century cathedral: dairy foods, plastic. Pop: 13 478 (2008)
7 letter words containing a, b, x
- abaxial — facing away from the axis, as the surface of a leaf
- abaxile — Alternative form of abaxial.
- abraxas — an ancient charm composed of Greek letters: originally believed to have magical powers and inscribed on amulets, etc, but from the second century ad personified by Gnostics as a deity, the source of divine emanations
- axebird — a nightjar of northern Queensland and New Guinea with a cry that sounds like a chopping axe
- bandbox — a lightweight usually cylindrical box used for holding small articles, esp hats
8 letter words containing a, b, x
- anaxibia — a daughter of Atreus and Aërope, and the sister of Agamemnon and Menelaus.
- axle-box — the journal box of a rotating axle
- bandeaux — Plural form of bandeau.
- banjaxed — destroyed or ruined
- banxring — a small tree-dwelling and insectivorous animal, Tupaia, resembling a squirrel, native to Java and Sumatra
9 letter words containing a, b, x
10 letter words containing a, b, x
- ambidexter — someone who is ambidextrous
- ambisexual — relating to or affecting both the male and female sexes
- battle-axe — If you call a middle-aged or older woman a battle-axe, you mean she is very difficult and unpleasant because of her fierce and determined attitude.
- battleaxes — Plural form of battleaxe.
- beatboxing — a form of hip-hop music in which the voice is used to simulate percussion instruments
11 letter words containing a, b, x
- amaxophobia — Fear of riding in a vehicle.
- ambassadrix — (rare) an ambassadress.
- arbitratrix — a female arbitrator
- axe-breaker — an Australian oleaceous tree, Notelaea longifolia, yielding very hard timber
- bedaux-plan — a system of payment for work on the basis of the number of points of work done in a given amount of time, each point representing one minute of work on a given job at a normal rate of speed.
12 letter words containing a, b, x
- ambidextrous — Someone who is ambidextrous can use both their right hand and their left hand equally skilfully.
- ambisextrous — Informal. sexually attracted to both sexes; bisexual. used by or suitable for either sex; unisex: ambisextrous hair styles.
- autoexec.bat — (operating system) The batch file containing commands, loaded by MS-DOS after running CONFIG.SYS. AUTOEXEC.BAT contains normal DOS commands and can be used for additional system configuration such as setting paths and variables, configuring network connections and running application programs.
- carboxylated — Simple past tense and past participle of carboxylate.
- chatterboxes — Plural form of chatterbox.
13 letter words containing a, b, x
14 letter words containing a, b, x
- ambidextrously — In an ambidextrous manner.
- beta-oxidation — a process by which fatty acids are degraded, involving oxidation of the beta carbons and removal of successive two-carbon fragments from the fatty acid.
- blaxploitation — a genre of films featuring Black stereotypes
- coxcombicality — the quality of being coxcombical
- decarboxylases — Plural form of decarboxylase.
15 letter words containing a, b, x
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
- decarboxylation — the removal or loss of a carboxyl group from an organic compound
- exchangeability — The condition of being exchangeable.
- hydroxybutyrate — (chemistry) any salt or ester of hydroxybutyric acid, but especially of gamma-hydroxybutyric acid.
- inexcusableness — The quality of being inexcusable.
16 letter words containing a, b, x
- ambidextrousness — The state or quality of being ambidextrous.
- carboxylesterase — (enzyme) Any enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of a carboxylic ester.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- deoxyhaemoglobin — (biochemistry) The form of haemoglobin that has released its oxygen.
- hexahydrobenzene — cyclohexane.
17 letter words containing a, b, x
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- deoxyribonuclease — DNase.
18 letter words containing a, b, x
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- hexachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of forty-two isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing six chlorine atoms.
19 letter words containing a, b, x
22 letter words containing a, b, x
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, X. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 796 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, X that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.