Words containing a, b, u, y
4 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- yuba — Dried tofu skin; the film that forms on top of a vat of boiling soy milk.
5 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- bayou — A bayou is a slow-moving, marshy area of water in the southern United States, especially Louisiana.
- boyau — a minor connecting trench often built in a zigzag pattern
- bunya — a tall dome-shaped Australian coniferous tree, Araucaria bidwillii, having edible cones (bunya nuts) and thickish flattened needles
- dauby — Smeary; viscous; glutinous; adhesive.
6 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- anbury — a soft spongy tumour occurring in horses and oxen
- asbury — Francis1745-1816; 1st Methodist bishop in U.S.
- aubrey — John. 1626–97, English antiquary and author, noted for his vivid biographies of his contemporaries, Brief Lives (edited 1898)
- aumbry — ambry.
- bayeux — a town in NW France, on the River Aure: its museum houses the Bayeux tapestry and there is a 13th-century cathedral: dairy foods, plastic. Pop: 13 478 (2008)
7 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- abyssus — (obsolete) alternate form of abyss.
- astbury — John. 1688–1743, English potter; earliest of the great Staffordshire potters
- audibly — capable of being heard; loud enough to be heard; actually heard.
- avebury — a village in Wiltshire, site of an extensive Neolithic stone circle
- banbury — a town in central England, in N Oxfordshire: telecommunications, financial services. Pop: 43 867 (2001)
8 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- amesbury — a town in NE Massachusetts.
- arguably — You can use arguably when you are stating your opinion or belief, as a way of giving more authority to it.
- autobody — Alternative form of auto body.
9 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
- absurdity — the quality or state of being absurd; nonsense
- abundancy — A state of plentifulness. (First attested in the mid 16th century.).
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- accusably — in an accusable manner
10 letter words containing a, b, u, y
11 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- aboundingly — In an abounding manner; in a manner that abounds; plentifully. (First attested from around (1350 to 1470.)).
- accountably — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
- ambiguously — open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal: an ambiguous answer.
- ambitiously — having ambition; eagerly desirous of achieving or obtaining success, power, wealth, a specific goal, etc.: ambitious students.
12 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- ambulatorily — By or in terms of walking.
- aminobutyric — (organic chemistry) Of or pertaining to any of several isomeric univalent radicals in which a hydrogen atom of a butyric radical is replaced by an amino group.
- amphibiously — In the manner of an amphibian.
- antibullying — Opposed to or acting against bullying.
13 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- acquirability — the attribute of being acquirable
- adjustability — ability to adjust
- adumbratively — In an adumbrative manner.
- ambisexuality — the state of being ambisexual
- anti-burglary — the felony of breaking into and entering the house of another at night with intent to steal, extended by statute to cover the breaking into and entering of any of various buildings, by night or day.
14 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- ambidextrously — In an ambidextrous manner.
- baby-blue-eyes — any of several plants of the genus Nemophila, of western North America, especially N. menziesii, a low-growing plant having blue, white-centered flowers.
- barium-hydrate — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
15 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- antibureaucracy — Opposed to bureaucracy.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- brachystomatous — having a short proboscis, as certain insects.
- circumambiently — in a circumambient manner
- communicability — capable of being easily communicated or transmitted: communicable information; a communicable disease.
16 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- absobloodylutely — (British slang) absolutely.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- bureaucratically — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- commensurability — The quality of being commensurable or commensurate.
- constructability — Alternative form of constructibility.
17 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- deoxyribonuclease — DNase.
- hydrofluorocarbon — Any of a class of partly chlorinated and fluorinated hydrocarbons, used as an alternative to chlorofluorocarbons in foam production, refrigeration, and other processes.
- incommunicability — incapable of being communicated, imparted, shared, etc.
18 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- autobiographically — In a autobiographical manner.
- claustrophobically — In a claustrophobic way.
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- hydrofluorocarbons — Plural form of hydrofluorocarbon.
19 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- hydroxydaunorubicin — Doxorubicin.
20 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- call-by-value-result — An argument passing convention where the actual argument is a variable V whose value is copied to a local variable L inside the called function or procedure. If the procedure modifies L, these changes will not affect V, which may also be in scope inside the procedure, until the procedure returns when the final value of L is copied to V. Under call-by-reference changes to L would affect V immediately. Used, for example, by BBC BASIC V on the Acorn Archimedes.
- indistinguishability — The state of being indistinguishable.
21 letter words containing a, b, u, y
22 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
23 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
24 letter words containing a, b, u, y
- hydrochlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of hydrochlorofluorocarbon.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, U, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1877 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, U, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.