Words containing a, b, u, r, s
5 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
6 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- absurd — If you say that something is absurd, you are criticizing it because you think that it is ridiculous or that it does not make sense.
- aburas — Plural form of abura.
- abuser — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- airbus — An Airbus is an aeroplane which is designed to carry a large number of passengers for fairly short distances.
- asbury — Francis1745-1816; 1st Methodist bishop in U.S.
7 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abusers — Plural form of abuser.
- arbours — Plural form of arbour.
- arbutus — any of several temperate ericaceous shrubs of the genus Arbutus, esp the strawberry tree of S Europe. They have clusters of white or pinkish flowers, broad evergreen leaves, and strawberry-like berries
- astbury — John. 1688–1743, English potter; earliest of the great Staffordshire potters
8 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- abatures — Plural form of abature.
- abstrude — (transitive) To thrust away.
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- absurder — Comparative form of absurd.
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
9 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- abductors — Plural form of abductor.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- abstruser — (rare) Comparative form of abstruse.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
10 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- abruptions — Plural form of abruption.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absolutory — giving absolution.
- abstractum — (philosophy, usually, in the plural) Something which is abstract or exists abstractly. (First attested in the mid 19th century.).
- abstrusely — In an abstruse manner. (First attested in the early 17th century.)0.
11 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
12 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- afterburners — Plural form of afterburner.
- agribusiness — Agribusiness is the various businesses that produce, sell, and distribute farm products, especially on a large scale.
- agrobusiness — the businesses collectively associated with the production, processing, and distribution of agricultural products.
- ailurophobes — Plural form of ailurophobe.
13 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- albertosaurus — A giant fierce carnivorous tyrannosaurus-like dinosaur, of gemus Albertosaurus, discovered in Alberta, Canada.
- ambidexterous — ambidextrous
- antiscorbutic — preventing or curing scurvy
- antisubmarine — (of weapons, missiles, etc) designed to combat or destroy submarines
- aschaffenburg — a city in Germany, on the River Main in Bavaria: seat of the Imperial Diet (1447); ceded to Bavaria in 1814. Pop: 68 607 (2003 est)
14 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- aboriculturist — One skilled in arboricultural matters; one who plants, tends and maintains trees.
- agribusinesses — Plural form of agribusiness.
- ambidextrously — In an ambidextrous manner.
- ambisinistrous — clumsy or unskillful with both hands.
- arborsculpture — The art and craft technique of growing and shaping tree trunks.
15 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- antituberculous — (medicine) Acting to combat or counteract tuberculosis.
- atrabiliousness — The state or quality of being characterized by melancholy or glumness.
- autobiographers — Plural form of autobiographer.
- autobiographies — Plural form of autobiography.
- bacteriophagous — Pertaining to the predation and consumption of bacterium.
16 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- ambidextrousness — The state or quality of being ambidextrous.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- commensurability — The quality of being commensurable or commensurate.
- constructability — Alternative form of constructibility.
17 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- contrasuggestible — responding or tending to respond to a suggestion by doing or believing the opposite
- deoxyribonuclease — DNase.
18 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- claustrophobically — In a claustrophobic way.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
19 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
- internal-combustion — of or relating to an internal-combustion engine.
- pointe-aux-trembles — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, N of Montreal, on the St. Lawrence.
- pseudo-biographical — of or relating to a person's life: He's gathering biographical data for his book on Milton.
20 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- potassium-bitartrate — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 4 H 5 KO 6 , used chiefly as an ingredient in baking powders and in galvanic tinning of metals. Also called potassium bitartrate, potassium acid tartrate. Compare tartar (def 3).
- semiautobiographical — pertaining to or being a fictionalized account of an author's own life.
- spontaneous-abortion — Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
21 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
22 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
27 letter words containing a, b, u, r, s
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, U, R, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3284 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, U, R, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.