Words containing a, b, s, i, l
5 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
6 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- baylis — Lillian Mary. 1874–1937, British theatre manager: founded the Old Vic (1912) and the Sadler's Wells company for opera and ballet (1931)
- blains — an inflammatory swelling or sore.
- blaise — a male given name.
- brasil — Brazil
7 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- albinus — Alcuin.
- astilbe — any perennial saxifragaceous plant of the genus Astilbe of E Asia and North America: cultivated for their ornamental spikes or panicles of pink or white flowers
- baalism — the worship of false gods or idols
8 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abristle — Bristling.
- albinism — the condition of being an albino
- apostilb — a unit of luminance equal to one ten thousandth of a lambert.
- arbalist — a powerful medieval crossbow with a steel bow, used to shoot stones, metal balls, arrows, etc.
- babelism — a confusion, particularly a noisy confusion, of speech or ideas
9 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- advisable — If you tell someone that it is advisable to do something, you are suggesting that they should do it, because it is sensible or is likely to achieve the result they want.
- ambleside — a town in NW England, in Cumbria: a tourist centre for the Lake District. Pop: 3064 (2001)
- ambrosial — of or fit for the gods; divine
10 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
11 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
- albategnius — Latin name of Battani.
- albuminoids — any of a class of simple proteins, as keratin, gelatin, or collagen, that are insoluble in all neutral solvents; scleroprotein.
12 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- advertisable — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
13 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
14 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
15 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- brillat-savarin — Anthelme (ɑ̃tɛlm). 1755–1826, French lawyer and gourmet; author of Physiologie du Goût (1825)
16 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
17 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
18 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
19 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- internal-combustion — of or relating to an internal-combustion engine.
20 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- semiautobiographical — pertaining to or being a fictionalized account of an author's own life.
21 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- intersubstitutability — a person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
22 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
25 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
27 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
28 letter words containing a, b, s, i, l
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S, I, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4795 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S, I, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.