Words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
6 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
7 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
8 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- ambushed — Simple past tense and past participle of ambush.
- banished — Simple past tense and past participle of banish.
- beshadow — to darken with shadow
- bethesda — a pool in Jerusalem reputed to have healing powers, where a paralysed man was healed by Jesus (John 5:2)
- caboshed — (of an animal, as a deer) shown facing forward without a neck: a stag's head caboshed.
9 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
10 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- airbrushed — Simple past tense and past participle of airbrush.
- backlashed — a sudden, forceful backward movement; recoil.
- balderdash — If you say that something that has been said or written is balderdash, you think it is completely untrue or very stupid.
- bangladesh — a republic in S Asia: formerly the Eastern Province of Pakistan; became independent in 1971 after civil war and the defeat of Pakistan by India; consists of the plains and vast deltas of the Ganges and Brahmaputra Rivers; prone to flooding: economy based on jute and jute products (over 70 per cent of world production); a member of the Commonwealth. Language: Bengali. Religion: Muslim. Currency: taka. Capital: Dhaka. Pop: 163 654 860 (2013 est). Area: 142 797 sq km (55 126 sq miles)
- bawdyhouse — a house of prostitution
11 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- abashedness — (rare) The state of being abashed; abashment. (Mid 16th century.).
- bacchylides — flourished 5th century b.c, Greek poet.
- backhanders — Plural form of backhander.
- backslashed — Simple past tense and past participle of backslash.
- bangladeshi — Bangladeshi means belonging to or relating to Bangladesh, or to its people or culture.
12 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- absinthiated — containing wormwood
- alphabetised — (British) Arranged in alphabetical order.
- bandersnatch — a fictional creature created by Lewis Carroll in his poem Jabberwocky, and appearing also in The Hunting of the Snark and Through the Looking-Glass
- blandishment — the act of blandishing; cajolery
- bushy-tailed — bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, fresh, alert, eager, and lively
13 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- barrel-shaped — having the shape of a barrel
- berchtesgaden — a town in Germany, in SE Bavaria: site of the fortified mountain retreat of Adolf Hitler. Pop: 7667 (2003 est)
- blandishments — Blandishments are pleasant things that someone says to another person in order to persuade them to do something.
- boardinghouse — a private house in which accommodation and meals are provided for paying guests
14 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- backhandedness — The quality of being backhanded; the use of indirect tactics.
- barrel-chested — A barrel-chested man has a large, rounded chest.
- blade-shearing — the shearing of sheep using hand shears
- cambridgeshire — a county of E England, in East Anglia: includes the former counties of the Isle of Ely and Huntingdon and lies largely in the Fens: Peterborough became an independent unitary authority in 1998. Administrative centre: Cambridge. Pop (excluding Peterborough): 571 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Peterborough): 3068 sq km (184 sq miles)
- daughterboards — Plural form of daughterboard.
15 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- disestablishing — Present participle of disestablish.
- distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- dorsibranchiate — having branchiae or gills along the back
16 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- broad-shouldered — having broad shoulders
- dehydroascorbate — (organic compound) Any salt or ester of dehydroascorbic acid.
- disestablishment — to deprive of the character of being established; cancel; abolish.
17 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- dishonourableness — Alternative spelling of dishonorableness.
18 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
19 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- distinguishableness — The state or quality of being distinguishable.
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
20 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- antidisestablishment — Opposed to the separation of church and state.
21 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
24 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
27 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing a, b, s, h, e, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S, H, E, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 901 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S, H, E, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.