Words containing a, b, r, i, d
5 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- baird — John Logie (ˈləʊɡɪ). 1888–1946, Scottish engineer: inventor of a 240-line mechanically scanned system of television, replaced in 1935 by a 405-line electrically scanned system
- braid — Braid is a narrow piece of decorated cloth or twisted threads, which is used to decorate clothes or curtains.
- rabid — irrationally extreme in opinion or practice: a rabid isolationist; a rabid baseball fan.
6 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- abraid — to awake
- airbed — An airbed is a plastic or rubber mattress which can be folded or stored flat and which you fill with air before you use it.
- bardic — (formerly) a person who composed and recited epic or heroic poems, often while playing the harp, lyre, or the like.
- bardie — an edible white wood-boring grub of Australia
7 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- ambroid — amberoid
- antbird — any of various dull-coloured South American passerine birds of the family Formicariidae, such as Hylophylax naevioides (spotted ant bird), that typically feed on ants
- ardebil — a town in NW Iran, near the Caspian Sea.
- axebird — a nightjar of northern Queensland and New Guinea with a cry that sounds like a chopping axe
8 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abrading — Present participle of abrade.
- abraided — Simple past tense and past participle of abraid.
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- abridger — One who abridges. (First attested in the mid 16th century.).
9 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
10 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
11 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- abastardize — (transitive, obsolete) To stigmatize as a bastard; debase. (Attested from the late 16th century until the late 17th century.).
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
12 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
13 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
- admirableness — admirability
- adumbratively — In an adumbrative manner.
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
14 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- addressability — (computing) The capability of a microprocessor etc. to deal with values of a certain size using a single instruction.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- ambidextrously — In an ambidextrous manner.
- backside-front — backend-to.
15 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- ambassadorships — Plural form of ambassadorship.
- azobisformamide — (chemistry) azodicarbonamide.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
- beta-adrenergic — pertaining to or involving beta receptors
- bidirectionally — in a bidirectional manner
16 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- ambidextrousness — The state or quality of being ambidextrous.
- azodicarbonamide — (chemistry) An organic chemical, a yellow to orange red, odorless, crystalline powder, used in food industry as a food additive, a flour bleaching agent and improving agent and in foaming plastics.
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
17 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
19 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- paradichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
- phenylthiocarbamide — a crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 6 H 5 NHCSNH 2 , that is either tasteless or bitter, depending upon the heredity of the taster, and is used in medical genetics and as a diagnostic.
20 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
- tetrahydrocannabinol — a compound, C 21 H 30 O 2 , that is the physiologically active component in cannabis preparations (marijuana, hashish, etc.) derived from the Indian hemp plant or produced synthetically. Abbreviation: THC.
- tribromoacetaldehyde — bromal.
21 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
24 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
25 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
27 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
32 letter words containing a, b, r, i, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, R, I, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3618 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, R, I, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.