Words containing a, b, r, i
4 letter words containing a, b, r, i
5 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abrin — a highly poisonous compound found in the seed of the Indian liquorice (Abrus precatorius)
- abris — a shelter, especially a dugout.
- arbil — Erbil.
- baird — John Logie (ˈləʊɡɪ). 1888–1946, Scottish engineer: inventor of a 240-line mechanically scanned system of television, replaced in 1935 by a 405-line electrically scanned system
- baire — mosquito net.
6 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- abitur — the final school examination in Germany
- abukir — bay at the mouth of the Nile, near Alexandria, Egypt: site of the British victory (1798) under Nelson over the French
- airbus — An Airbus is an aeroplane which is designed to carry a large number of passengers for fairly short distances.
- ambari — kenaf.
7 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- abruzzi — a region of S central Italy, between the Apennines and the Adriatic. Capital: Aquila. Pop: 1 273 284 (2003 est). Area: 10 794 sq km (4210 sq miles)
- acerbic — sour in taste
- aerobic — Aerobic activity exercises and strengthens your heart and lungs.
8 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
- abortion — If a woman has an abortion, she ends her pregnancy deliberately so that the baby is not born alive.
9 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abnormity — lack of normality; a deviation from the usual or typical
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
10 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
11 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
12 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
13 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abortifacient — causing abortion
14 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
16 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- bargain-basement — very low-priced.
17 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
18 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
19 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
22 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing a, b, r, i
28 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, b, r, i
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, R, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11050 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, R, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.