Words containing a, b, i, h
4 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- bhai — a title or form of address prefixed to the names of distinguished Sikhs
5 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- abihu — a son of Aaron who, with Nadab, was destroyed by fire from heaven for disobeying the Lord. Lev. 10:1–5.
- bahai — a religion founded in Iran in 1863 by Husayn ʿAlī (called Bahaullah), teaching the essential worth of all religions, the unity of all peoples, and the equality of the sexes.
- bahia — a state of E Brazil, on the Atlantic coast. Capital: Salvador. Pop: 13 323 212 (2002). Area: about 562 000 sq km (217 000 sq miles)
- baith — both
- bhaji — A bhaji is a small piece of food of Indian origin, made of vegetables fried in batter with spices.
6 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- baha'i — an adherent of the Baha'í Faith
- bahaei — a religion founded in Iran in 1863 by Husayn ʿAlī (called Bahaullah), teaching the essential worth of all religions, the unity of all peoples, and the equality of the sexes.
- banish — If someone or something is banished from a place or area of activity, they are sent away from it and prevented from entering it.
- barish — quite thinly covered or bare
- bauchi — a state of N Nigeria; tin mining. Capital: Bauchi. Pop: 4 676 465 (2006). Area: 45 837 sq km (17 698 sq miles)
7 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- adhibit — to administer or apply
- babiche — thongs or lacings of rawhide
- babyish — Babyish actions, feelings, or looks are like a baby's, or are immature.
8 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- airbrush — An airbrush is an artist's tool which sprays paint onto a surface.
9 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- aitchbone — the rump bone or floor of the pelvis in cattle
- amberfish — amberjack.
10 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
11 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- abhominable — abominable.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- agoraphobia — Agoraphobia is the fear of open or public places.
12 letter words containing a, b, i, h
13 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- air-breathing — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
- apprehensible — capable of being comprehended or grasped mentally
- arachnophobia — an abnormal fear of spiders
14 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
15 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- authenticatable — to establish as genuine.
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
16 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- bronchopneumonia — inflammation of the lungs, originating in the bronchioles
17 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
18 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
21 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
22 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
23 letter words containing a, b, i, h
24 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
25 letter words containing a, b, i, h
27 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
32 letter words containing a, b, i, h
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, I, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4243 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, I, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.