Words containing a, b, h
3 letter words containing a, b, h
4 letter words containing a, b, h
- ahab — the king of Israel from approximately 869 to 850 bc and husband of Jezebel: rebuked by Elijah (I Kings 16:29–22:40)
- bach — a term of friendly address: used esp after a person's name
- bagh — (in India and Pakistan) a garden
- bahr — Hermann [her-mahn] /ˈhɛr mɑn/ (Show IPA), 1863–1934, Austrian playwright and critic.
- baht — the standard monetary unit of Thailand, divided into 100 satang
5 letter words containing a, b, h
- abash — to cause to feel ill at ease, embarrassed, or confused; make ashamed
- abhor — If you abhor something, you hate it very much, especially for moral reasons.
- abihu — a son of Aaron who, with Nadab, was destroyed by fire from heaven for disobeying the Lord. Lev. 10:1–5.
- abmho — a unit of electrical conductance
- abohm — the cgs unit of resistance in the electromagnetic system: equivalent to 10-9 ohm
6 letter words containing a, b, h
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abkhaz — a member of a Georgian people living east of the Black Sea
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- abwehr — the German high-command service for espionage, counterintelligence, and sabotage during World War II.
7 letter words containing a, b, h
- abagtha — one of the seven eunuchs who served in the court of King Ahasuerus. Esther 1:10.
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abgatha — Abagtha.
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
8 letter words containing a, b, h
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
9 letter words containing a, b, h
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
10 letter words containing a, b, h
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
11 letter words containing a, b, h
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhominable — abominable.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
12 letter words containing a, b, h
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- aelurophobia — ailurophobia.
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- aichmophobia — the fear of pointed objects, esp needles, pins, etc
13 letter words containing a, b, h
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- air-breathing — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
14 letter words containing a, b, h
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
15 letter words containing a, b, h
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- authenticatable — to establish as genuine.
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
16 letter words containing a, b, h
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
17 letter words containing a, b, h
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
18 letter words containing a, b, h
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
19 letter words containing a, b, h
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing a, b, h
22 letter words containing a, b, h
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing a, b, h
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing a, b, h
28 letter words containing a, b, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, b, h
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8024 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.