Words related to masses
- the unit, equivalent to the mass of the sun, in which the masses of stars and other celestial objects are given: a black hole of one million solar masses.
- to encircle or adorn with or as with a wreath.
- a law stating that any two masses attract each other with a force equal to a constant (constant of gravitation) multiplied by the product of the two masses and divided by the square of the distance between them.
- the experiment, conducted by Henry Cavendish, that determined the constant of gravitation by using a torsion balance and measuring the torsion produced by two masses placed at given distances from the masses on the balance.
- to form into flocculent masses.
- to wet or soil by dashing masses or particles of water, mud, or the like; spatter: Don't splash her dress!