Words related to falls
- the falls of the Niagara River: in Canada, the Horseshoe Falls, 158 feet (48 meters) high; 2600 feet (792 meters) wide; in the U.S., American Falls, 167 feet (51 meters) high; 1000 feet (305 meters) wide.
- a series of falls in Yosemite National Park: upper falls, 1436 feet (438 meters) high; middle falls, 626 feet (190 meters) high; lower falls, 320 feet (98 meters) high. Total height (including rapids), 2526 feet (770 meters).
- a participle intended to modify a noun but having the wrong grammatical relationship to it as for example having left in the sentence Having left Europe for good, Peter's future seemed bleak indeed
- an island in the Niagara River in W New York, in the middle of Niagara Falls, dividing the American Falls from the Horseshoe (Canadian) Falls.
- a waterfall on the Iguassú River, on the boundary between Brazil and Argentina. 210 feet (64 meters) high.
- a women's rights convention held at Seneca Falls, New York, in 1848, organized by Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott.