Words related to chlorite
- a member of the chlorite group, rhombohedral in habit.
- a hydrothermally altered andesite or allied rock containing secondary minerals, as calcite, chlorite, serpentine, or epidote.
- a salt or ester of hypochlorous acid.
- any of various altered basaltic rocks having a dark-green color caused by the presence of chlorite, epidote, etc.
- schist colored green by an abundance of chlorite, epidote, or actinolite.
- a mineral of the chlorite group, hydrous aluminum silicate of iron, occurring in gray or black crystals in oolitic iron ore.