Words related to abscissa
- a curve described by the equation y = sin x, the ordinate being equal to the sine of the abscissa.
- a curve described by the equation y = a sin x, the ordinate being proportional to the sine of the abscissa.
- Mathematics. (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the y-coordinate of a point: its distance from the x-axis measured parallel to the y-axis.
- the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- Also called axis of abscissas. (in a plane Cartesian coordinate system) the axis, usually horizontal, along which the abscissa is measured and from which the ordinate is measured.