Words related to abbe
- Francois Élie Jules [frahn-swa ey-lee zhyl] /frɑ̃ˈswa eɪˈli ʒül/ (Show IPA), 1835–1915, French critic and dramatist.
- Abbe number.
- (fencing) A fencing sword of a certain modern type; frequently opposed to foil and sabre.
- a measure of the ability of a substance to disperse light, equal to the quotient of the difference in refractive indices of the substance for two representative wavelengths divided by the difference of the refractive index for an intermediate wavelength and 1.
- the reciprocal of the dispersive power of a substance.
- a microscope condenser invented by Ernst Abbe (1840-1905), German physicist