- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of wellhead word
- noun wellhead a fountainhead; source. 1
- noun wellhead Also called wellhouse. a shelter for a well. 1
- noun wellhead the assemblage of equipment attached to the opening of an oil or gas well. 1
- adjective wellhead noting or pertaining to petroleum, natural gas, etc., at the place and time at which it leaves the ground: a wellhead price. 1
- noun wellhead The place where a spring comes out of the ground. 1
- noun wellhead source of a well 1
Information block about the term
Origin of wellhead
First appearance:before 1300
One of the 15% oldest English words
First recorded in 1300-50, wellhead is from the Middle English word welleheved. See well2, head
Parts of speech for Wellhead
A pretty common term. Usually people know it’s meaning, but prefer to use a more spread out synonym. About 69% of English native speakers know the meaning and use word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
wellhead usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for wellhead
- derrick — A derrick is a machine that is used to move cargo on a ship by lifting it in the air.
- rig — Chiefly Nautical. to put in proper order for working or use. to fit (a ship, mast, etc.) with the necessary shrouds, stays, etc. to fit (shrouds, stays, sails, etc.) to the mast, yard, or the like.
- gantry — a framework spanning a railroad track or tracks for displaying signals.
- frame — a border or case for enclosing a picture, mirror, etc.
- support — to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.
Antonyms for wellhead
- conclusion — When you come to a conclusion, you decide that something is true after you have thought about it carefully and have considered all the relevant facts.
- consequence — The consequences of something are the results or effects of it.
- effect — something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence: Exposure to the sun had the effect of toughening his skin.
- end — Come or bring to a final point; finish.
- outcome — a final product or end result; consequence; issue.
Top questions with wellhead
- what is a wellhead?
- what is a wellhead protection area?
- what is wellhead?
- how does a wellhead work?
- what is wellhead control panel?
- what is wellhead equipment?
- what is wellhead platform?
- what is a wellhead platform?
- Words starting with w
- Words starting with we
- Words starting with wel
- Words starting with well
- Words starting with wellh
- Words starting with wellhe
- Words starting with wellhea
- Words starting with wellhead
- Words containing the letters w
- Words containing the letters w,e
- Words containing the letters w,e,l
- Words containing the letters w,e,l,h
- Words containing the letters w,e,l,h,a
- Words containing the letters w,e,l,h,a,d
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?