- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- /ˈweɪ tɪd/
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- /ˈweɪ tɪd/
Definitions of weighted word
- adjective weighted having additional weight. 1
- adjective weighted burdened: weighted with sorrow. 1
- adjective weighted adjusted or adapted to a representative value, especially in determining the value of a legislator's vote as proportionate to the population of that legislator's constituency. 1
- noun weighted the amount or quantity of heaviness or mass; amount a thing weighs. 1
- noun weighted Physics. the force that gravitation exerts upon a body, equal to the mass of the body times the local acceleration of gravity: commonly taken, in a region of constant gravitational acceleration, as a measure of mass. 1
- noun weighted a system of units for expressing heaviness or mass: avoirdupois weight. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of weighted
First appearance:before 1650
One of the 45% oldest English words
First recorded in 1650-60; weight + -ed2
Parts of speech for Weighted
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 91% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
weighted usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for weighted
- biassed — a particular tendency, trend, inclination, feeling, or opinion, especially one that is preconceived or unreasoned: illegal bias against older job applicants; the magazine’s bias toward art rather than photography; our strong bias in favor of the idea.
- biased — If someone is biased, they prefer one group of people to another, and behave unfairly as a result. You can also say that a process or system is biased.
- prejudiced — an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
- subjective — existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
- one-sided — considering but one side of a matter or question; partial or unfair: a one-sided judgment.
- distort — to twist awry or out of shape; make crooked or deformed: Arthritis had distorted his fingers.
- incline — to deviate from the vertical or horizontal; slant.
- prejudice — an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
- slant — to veer or angle away from a given level or line, especially from a horizontal; slope.
- sway — to move or swing to and fro, as something fixed at one end or resting on a support.
Antonyms for weighted
- impartial — not partial or biased; fair; just: an impartial judge.
- defective — If something is defective, there is something wrong with it and it does not work properly.
- deficient — If someone or something is deficient in a particular thing, they do not have the full amount of it that they need in order to function normally or work properly.
- empty — A container (esp. a bottle or glass) left empty of its contents.
- inadequate — not adequate or sufficient; inept or unsuitable.
- leave alone — separate, apart, or isolated from others: I want to be alone.
- straighten — make straight
- aid — Aid is money, equipment, or services that are provided for people, countries, or organizations who need them but cannot provide them for themselves.
- assist — If you assist someone, you help them to do a job or task by doing part of the work for them.
- help — to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist: He planned to help me with my work. Let me help you with those packages.
Top questions with weighted
- how to calculate weighted averages?
- how to calculate weighted average?
- how to make a weighted blanket?
- Words starting with w
- Words starting with we
- Words starting with wei
- Words starting with weig
- Words starting with weigh
- Words starting with weight
- Words starting with weighte
- Words starting with weighted
- Words containing the letters w
- Words containing the letters w,e
- Words containing the letters w,e,i
- Words containing the letters w,e,i,g
- Words containing the letters w,e,i,g,h
- Words containing the letters w,e,i,g,h,t