- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of weeks word
- noun weeks a period of seven successive days, usually understood as beginning with Sunday and ending with Saturday. 1
- noun weeks a period of seven successive days that begins with or includes an indicated day: the week of June 3; Christmas week. 1
- noun weeks (often initial capital letter) a period of seven successive days devoted to a particular celebration, honor, cause, etc.: National Book Week. 1
- noun weeks the working days or working portion of the seven-day period; workweek: A 35-hour week is now commonplace. 1
- adverb weeks British. seven days before or after a specified day: I shall come Tuesday week. He left yesterday week. 1
- noun weeks Plural form of week. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of weeks
First appearance:before 900
One of the 4% oldest English words
before 900; Middle English weke, Old English wice; cognate with Dutch week, Old Norse vika week, Gothic wikō turn; akin to Latin vicis (genitive) turn (see vice3)
Parts of speech for Weeks
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 98% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
weeks usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for weeks
- period — a rather large interval of time that is meaningful in the life of a person, in history, etc., because of its particular characteristics: a period of illness; a period of great profitability for a company; a period of social unrest in Germany.
- age — Your age is the number of years that you have lived.
- date — A date is a specific time that can be named, for example a particular day or a particular year.
- day — A day is one of the seven twenty-four hour periods of time in a week.
- era — A long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic.
Antonyms for weeks
Top questions with weeks
- how many weeks in a year?
- how many weeks are in a year?
- how many weeks am i?
- how many weeks pregnant am i?
- how many weeks in a month?
- how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks?
- how many weeks in a year 2015?
- 17 weeks is how many months?
- how many months is 35 weeks?
- how to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks?
- 35 weeks is how many months?
- how many weeks is in a year?
- how many months is 6 weeks?
- how many weeks is 6 months?
- how many months is 34 weeks?
- Words starting with w
- Words starting with we
- Words starting with wee
- Words starting with week
- Words starting with weeks
- Words containing the letters w
- Words containing the letters w,e
- Words containing the letters w,e,k
- Words containing the letters w,e,k,s